Chapter Twenty Seven: Coming Home

We were sitting in a hotel room. We just came back from a case about freaking bugs. Normally Bugs don't bother me, but they were trying to kill us. Hunter kept trying to eat them. Dean was on Sam's laptop and I was sitting across from him with Hunter on my lap. Sam was siting on his bed a drawing. He seemed really bothered by something.

"All right. I've been cruisin' some websites. I think I found a few candidates for our next gig. A fishing trawler found off the coast of Cali –- its crew vanished. And, uh, we got some cattle mutilations in West Texas." Dean looks over at Sam. "Hey." Sam looks up at him. "Am I boring you with this hunting evil stuff?" Sam shakes his head.

"No. I'm listening. Keep going." Sam says and brings attention back to his drawing. I chuckle.

"And, here, Sacramento, a man shot himself in the head. Three times." Dean realized Sam wasn't listening. He waves his hand by Sam's Face. "Any of these things blowin' up your skirt, pal?" Sam stares at his picture.

"Wait. I've seen this." Sam says before getting up from his spot.

"Seen what?" I ask. Sam goes into his bag and pulls out a picture. He puts it next to his drawing and compared it.

"Dean, I know where we have to go next." Sam says, while staring at the photo.

"Where?"

" Back home –- back to Kansas." Me and Dean look at each other really confused.

"Okay, random. Where'd that come from?" I say with a chuckle, Sam puts his drawing and a photo next to each other and points to the photo.

"All right, um, this photo was taken in front of our old house, right? The house where Mom died?" Sam asks, Dean's face falls slightly before nodding. "And it didn't burn down, right? I mean, not completely, they rebuilt it, right?"

" I guess so, yeah. What the hell are you talkin' about?" Dean asks.

"Okay, look, this is gonna sound crazy but....the people who live in our old house –- I think they might be in danger." Me and Dean scout to the edge of our seats and look at him.

"Why would you think that Sam?" I ask. I just wanted to understand.

"Uh...it's just, um....look, just trust me on this, okay?" Sam says and stares at me.

"Okay, I trust you." I tell him, and he starts to walk away but Dee protests. 

"Wait, whoa, whoa, trust you?" Dean says.

"Dee, lay off." I tell him trying to stand up for Sammy.

"Come on, man, that's weak. You gotta give me a little bit more than that." Dean says ignoring me. Sam sighs and gets nervous.

"I can't really explain it is all." He says softly.

"Well, tough. I'm not goin' anywhere until you do." Dean says. He crosses his arm and waits for him to explain. Hunter gets off my lap and sits on Sam, making Sam relax a bit.

"I have these nightmares." He started.

"I've noticed." I elbowed Dean in the ribs.

"And sometimes....they come true." I look at Dean, his face dropped. I look at Sam and I feel bad for him. He has been putting a lot on his shoulders. Hopefully Dean will understand.

"Come again?" I roll my eyes at Dean.

"Look, Dean....I dreamt about Jessica's death –- for days before it happened." Dean shakes his head and sits across from Sam.

"Sam, people have weird dreams, man. I'm sure it's just a coincidence."

"No, I dreamt about the blood dripping, her on the ceiling, the fire, everything, and I didn't do anything about it 'cause I didn't believe it. And now I'm dreaming about that tree, about our house, and about some woman inside screaming for help. I mean, that's where it all started, man, this has to mean something, right?" Sam ranted. I put my hand on his shoulder for comfort.

" I don't know." I could tell Dean was overwhelmed.

"What do you mean you don't know, Dean? This woman might be in danger. I mean, this might even be the thing that killed Mom and Jessica!" Sam starts to get angry.

"All right, just slow down, would ya?" He gets up and starts to pace. "I mean, first you tell me that you've got the Shining? And then you tell me that I've gotta go back home? Especially when...." He stops.

"When what?"

"When I swore to myself that I would never go back there."He said with pain in his voice.

"Look, Dean, we have to check this out. Just to make sure." Sam said softly.

" I know we do." Dean sighed. They started to pack and I went out for a smoke. It was gonna be hard for the boys, so I needed to be strong.

"You got an extra?" I turn and its Dean.

"You smoke now?" I chuckle as I hand him the pack and lighter.

"Need something right now, and we are out of booze." He lights it and sits next to me. We sit in silence for a bit.

"Dean, If you aren't up for this, you can back out and let us handle it." Dean shakes his head.

"Nah, I gotta get past this." I rest my head on his shoulder and brush my thumb over my necklace. Dean throws his butt into the street and hangs his head.

"Dee, You got this. We got this." I say giving him hope.

"Yeah, we got this."