Chapter Fifty-One: Pain of another

I open the motel door, holding pie in on hand and Hunter in the other. The pie was an I am sorry gift.

"Hey Dean I-Oh" I say. Dean is there making out with a girl in a Sheriff's outfit. I am guessing this was a friend. Dean looks at me and his face goes white. He clears his throat.

"Well um, thanks for the files Amy." He says to her with a grin. She smiles and heads out the door, glaring at me. 

"Call me." She says as she closes the door. I look at Dean and grin, he looks at the pie.

"That for me?" He asks, with pleading eyes.

"Yeah, but I think you are in the sheriff's hands....no need for pie." I giggle. Dean grabs the pie out of my hand and cracks the top while inhaling the sent. His eyes widen with love.

"Dude....apple Walnut?" He says with a smile. He starts to dig in. Dean was swallowing this thing whole.

"Dee, try to enjoy the flavor." I giggle. Hunter sits next to Dean wagging his tail. Dean glance at the dog then throws him a piece.  "So what did your friend get you?"

"Files on the vics." He says with pie pitting out his mouth. "Tryin to find a link." I pick up the file and read it. The first victim was a guy named Ben. I read it and two words stood out.

Lawrence, Kansas

The hometown of the boys, the town their mom died and the place that they avoided. I pick up the other file and find the same words there. We missed that connection. 

"Dean." I say to grasp his attention. He looks at it and his eyes widen. He drops the pie and examines the files. Then the motel door flies open to find a panicked Sam.

"Dude, I gotta talk to you." Sam and Dean said at the same time. Then Sam speaks. He tells us about the bitch Meg and the alter.

"So, hot little Meg is summoning the Daeva?" Dean says with a smirk.

"Told you she was a bitch." I mumble.

"Looks like she was using that black altar to control the thing." Sam tells us.

"So, Sammy's got a thing for the bad girl." Dean chuckles. Sam just rolls his eyes at us. "And what's the deal with that bowl again?"

"She was talking into it. The way witches used to scry into crystal balls or animal entrails. She was communicating with someone."

"Like The Daeva?" I ask. Sam shakes his head.

" No, you said those things were savages. No, this was someone different. Someone who's giving her orders. Someone who's comin' to that warehouse." Then things started to click in my head. Daeva is a demon, Meg is summoning it and and a blood bowl is in use. I look at Dean and I can tell he thinking the same thing.

"Dee, you thinking what I am think?" I ask, trying to keep the fear from showing. Dean holds the files in his hands.

"Holy crap." Dean says.

"What?" Sam asks as he looks at Dee and me.

"What I was gonna tell you earlier—I pulled a favor with my –" He clears his throat and puts on his I am so smooth grin. "– friend, Amy, over at the police department. The complete records of the two victims—we missed something the first time."

"What?" Sam asks once more as he comes behind Dean to look at the files.

"The first victim, the old man—he spent his whole life in Chicago, but he wasn't born here. Look where he was born." Sam then looks closely at the paper, his eyes widen.