έξι(6)|coniuncta

All the guys nodded at each other and I was half certain that they bowed at Theo but I put it down to the thought that they probably nodded too eagerly.

Well at least now I know for sure that they actually did.

I took my time, walking from the car to the door, praying that he wouldn't wait for me but he did, till we were both inside Magda's home and the door was firmly shot and bolted. Three times.

I'd remembered Magda's house a little differently from the house I saw now, there was a lot more room for one and, everywhere was really clean. As I walked into the kitchen, I noticed on the fridge a picture magnet of what seemed to be a younger version of Theo, Mark and the girl from that night. Autumn, I believe. I subconsciously rubbed my arms as I studied the photo magnets, I had a habit of doing that when  looking at something interesting or listening to something thought-provoking. There was also another one of two young boys holding each other as they smiled at the camera with their small, milk teeth.

"That's Theo on the left" Magda said, ambling into the kitchen with a tray of empty glasses in her hand. She dropped the trays and came to stand by me, "I knew his great grandparents so well" she laughed, she paused "you don't even wanna know how old I am" Magda added as we both studied the pictures.

"Hello, Magda" I greeted her, neither of us turning to look at each other, so engrossed in the panorama of memories on the fridge door.

"Who's the little munchkin on the right?" I asked, his face looked so familiar but still hard to recognise without a slightly older version of the person.

"Just some boy" she replied, shifting uncomfortably at the turn of conversation. "My sweet dearest, are you alright? I was calling you about that note Theo passed on but you didn't pick up" she inquired, her voice soft and smooth like honey.

"I-I-" I stammered, the thought of my dreams were scratching painfully as they converged in the centre of my head.

"Boyfriend?"

"Erm, nnnno"

"Heavens, you  suddenly look like you've seen a ghost" she said, rubbing my back, "go sit in the sitting room, I'll bring some chamomile tea for you" she continued, firmly pushing me in the direction of the lounge area. I sat down gingerly on an empty sofa, everybody else was standing outside in the garden, loudly and rowdily discussing things by the window adjacent to the television stand where they'd left the door ajar.

Suddenly, the door angle widened and Theo walked through the open space, conveniently shutting the door behind him.

His black wavy hair was brushed back, accented by strands of caramel brown. He was about to bring something out from his black jeans pocket but he stuffed it back inside hastily when he saw me watching.

"Ivory" he said, his mellifluous voice booming as he strolled towards my...area. I noticed that he called me by my name, that was probably the second time I'd ever heard that.

"Theo" I answered back. I couldn't look at his face properly just in case my mind began playing tricks on me again so I trained my eyes on the flowery curtains.

"And how are you?" he asked as he took a seat across me.

"The poor girl looks exhausted, shut up and turn on the television before I twist your ears shut" she commanded, her left arm akimbo and she waited for him to complete her instructions.

She drew up a small side table and placed the tray she held in her right arm, handing me a warm cup of sweet-smelling tea and a generous slice of carrot cake.

"Thank you" I said, closing my eyes quickly to bless the food before wrapping my fingers around the mug as I brought it to my nose and inhaled sharply.