τρεις(3)| impressionem

I turned off my alarm, this time deciding I didn't wanna damage the home button on my phone. I sighed, getting up and walking to the closet to pick out something appropriate for my first full week as a waitress thanks to Magda's recommendation. Well, second/third week as we all know the first is nothing but a drag!I picked out my black ankle-length jeans and a white t-shirt to go with my black converses. I stepped into the shower, letting the hot water massage my body, carefully, I cast my mind back to last week's disaster of a dinner party. He hadn't come around to Ridgeley Drive since the incident. I needed fucking answers as to why everyone kept covering for this Theo guy. I needed answers as to why I hadn't forgotten about his scent, his hair, lips, figure. Everything. I scrubbed myself quickly, brushed my teeth and leaving my wild curls to dry on its own accord, I was soon dressed to leave.

****************************

"Here's your coffee cake and green tea, Ma'am, have a nice day" I called after the woman, smiling at myself when I picked up my tip. It was already well into the afternoon by the time I could glance at a clock.

"You're a diligent hard worker" Mandy commented as I refilled the tea brewer, another waitress with bright blonde hair and a button nose. She helped me on my first day when I couldn't quite figure out how to put the lid on the coffee cups quickly enough and she dropped me off home. At least, some sort of hospitality existed.

"It's just filling tea" I replied, brushing the comment aside though I knew very well what she was talking about. Okay, so I'm kinda digging myself, have a problem? She laughed at me, clearly aware of my attempt at fishing for more compliments and jumped off her stool to wait another customer, a notepad secured in her hand.

I rolled my eyes at Tia, Brady and some other workers as we mocked Mandy's high-pitched overly friendly voice, sniggering when she finally turned around and gave us a death stare.

"I hear everything guys" she mock-shouted as we all laughed and got back to our miscellaneous activities.

I helped myself to a pancake, perks of working in a cafe/diner, layering it with chocolate drops, whipped cream and maple syrup, adding a strawberry to feign healthiness. I was halfway through exploding my mouth with flavors when somebody called me.

"Hmm hmmm" I replied inaudibly cleaning my mouth before turning around to serve the customer. My jaw slightly dropped when I recognized the face, a little whipped cream blob on the floor. He smirked a little - a break of character, flashing a dazzling smile before regaining his icy composure. I grinned too at the strangeness of the situation, well scoffed actually as I choked a little on the strawberry. I knew that wasn't a great idea.

It wasn't a good idea eating in front of customers anyways but nobody seemed to mind.

"I'd like to place an order" Theo asked. I look past him at the group of people surrounding him, there were two boys - both brunette- that were flanking him and then four others talking between themselves, their arms folded. I also noticed two girls, one with a little blonde baby and the other just looking at me. When she finally caught my gaze, she smiled widely, poking the girl next to her and pointing at me as they both waved eagerly...not madly guys, just eagerly.

"What would you like?" I asked politely, my pen waiting anxiously. I hadn't taken orders since I started, instead choosing to serve the customers but Mandy was simply no where to be found at this point.

"Grande iced coffee, extra fine with a few splashes of hazelnut and lots of cream. Iced caramel macchiatio, light on the ice with an extra layer of caramel. Vanilla bean frapuccino, hold on the whipped cream but little chocolate" I paused, flipping my notepad as he carried on reeling the orders, "strawberry lemonade over ice and two dirty chai lattes with the two shots of espresso blended in" he finished.