Chapter 26- Home not-so-sweet Home

First of all, I would like to thank Meghu_die_Beste for the fabulous covers for both of my stories. Thank you sooo much!!!
----------------------------------------------
Priyanka's POV:

I opened my eyes just in time to see the plane landing in Mumbai. I slowly looked at the people around me and saw that most of them looked as shaken as I did.

"Hello cupcake! I see you have finally woken up!" A cheery yet familiar voice greeted me (any guesses 😉)

I jerked my head to the seat beside mine and saw Ranveer sitting there munching on a chocolate chip cookie. He followed my line of sight and looked at the cookie.

"Oh sorry cupcake. They were so good, I just had to eat yours as well." Ranveer said with not a hint of guilt in his voice.

After I finally got my voice back, I said, "What are you doing here?"

Ranveer rolled his eyes at me and said, "I am here to help you, buddhu!"

I looked at him in shock but then started smiling. What good deed had I done to get someone like Ranveer. I reached over and gave him a big hug. He immediately wrapped his arms around me.

"It'll be okay cupcake. I'll be with you at all times." Ranveer said as slowly pulled away.

"What will I say to my parents when they ask me about you?" I asked him.

"Just say that I am your friend's brother or something. Just not your brother."Ranveer said with a wink. I laughed and pulled his cheeks. He was seriously so adorable.

We got off the plane, got our luggage and hailed a taxi to my house. It was fun to be back in Mumbai. It brought back many memories. Memories of my mom, of some other kids I used to play with.

After about half an hour, we reached home. I got down from the taxi and grabbed my luggage from the boot. Then together, Ranveer and I made our way to the front door. I rang the bell and waited for someone to open the door. Our maid opened the door and smiled when she saw me. I stepped forward and gave her a big hug. She was my favourite from all of our maids.

She quickly welcomed me inside and set out to call my dad. My dad woke up early every morning to go to the gym.

Jasmine (the maid) came back a moment later with my dad. I ran forward and gave my dad a bone-crushing hug. However my relations were with my step-mom, I loved my dad very much. He always used to be by my side. But after my mom left, he became a different person altogether. He barely used to come home from work and when he did, he never used to talk much. All this proved how much he loved my mom.

"How are you darling?" My dad whispered into my ear.

I looked at him and smiled. "All is good dad!" I said cheerfully.

My dad looked behind me and motioned  Ranveer to come closer.

"Who is this Priyanka?" My dad asked me.

"Dad, this is Ranveer. He is one of my friend's brother. He had an interview here in Mumbai for a job so he came here with me. Can he stay here with us for a couple of days?" I asked my dad hopefully.

"Sure. Why not. Any friend if yours is a friend of mine." Dad said.

We all chatted for a while longer until we heard someone saying, "Who is this boy?"

We all looked up in unison and saw my step-mom looking down at Ranveer with a glare.