Chapter 5- The Play?

Priyanka's POV:

What Ranveer did for me was something I didn't even expect. He gave me a promise. A promise to always stay by my side and to protect me. He really was a very caring friend.

After the bell rang, we made our way to the drama room. To be honest, I was pretty excited. Back in high school, drama was my favourite option. I felt at ease when I was acting. I wanted to see what plays we would get to perform in this year.

Ranveer's POV:

We entered the drama class and the first person I saw was Anushka. I glared at her and looked at Priyanka. She had stiffened beside me. I held her hand and smiled at her. She turned her head towards me and smiled back.

"Ok class, we are going to enact a movie. It's called "Mere Brother Ki Dulhan." Since there was hardly any romance in that movie, we are going to make the play a romantic comedy. There will be roles of Dimple, Kush, Luv and Piyali available. All the girls who want to try out for the roles of Dimple and/or Piyali, stand on my right and all guys who want to try out for roles of Kush and/or Luv, stand on my left side. There are going to be a lot of plays this year, but this will be the biggest. If you are not chosen in this play, you will get a chance to try out for another play." The drama teacher, Mrs. Anjali explained.

I looked over at Kabir and I signalled him to stand in the line of the male roles to wait for me. I looked at Priyanka. She had a big smile on her face.

"Are you gonna try out for the play?" We both asked each other at the same time. We laughed and nodded our heads.

"Good luck!" I wished her and she said you too and smiled in return.

I made my way over to stand in line behind Kabir. Sameer was in front of Kabir. I really hoped he didn't get chosen for any of the roles but he was a good actor. Probably not as good as me but still pretty good. I looked over at the girls line and saw Priyanka and Naina talking and laughing. Priyanka looked totally at ease. I bet she has acted thousands of times before because no newbie could look this calm. Anushka was also in the same line as Priyanka and Naina. She was also a good actress. I knew that Priyanka and I would make it but maybe Anushka and Sameer would too. 

When it was Anushka's turn to go, she acted confidently and smoothly. I was now a hundred percent sure she would either be Dimple or Piyali. Sameer also acted well. He said all the lines correctly and with perfect emotion.

Soon it was my turn. I walked up to the stage and Anjali ma'am gave me a script. She said to read any lines I wanted to. I read the part when Kush was describing Dimple to his brother on the phone. When I finished, Anjali ma'am looked at me impressed. She told me wait outside in the hall for the results. I walked off the stage and headed for the door. Before I left, I saw Priyanka going up on stage. I gave her a thumbs up sign and winked at her. She grinned back in reply.

I walked out of the room and waited outside with Kabir and Naina. We just stood around and chatted. Naina also thanked me again for taking care of Priyanka when she was crying. I smiled  at her and said no problem.

Soon Priyanka came outside and joined us. We eagerly waited outside for the results. We waited until all the students were done trying out and then went inside the classroom.

"So I have the roles ready," Anjali ma'am began. "Sameer will play the role of Luv and Ranveer will play the role of Kush." She said.

Oh shit! I thought in my head. Sameer looked over at me and smirked. I just rolled my eyes.

"The role of Piyali will be played by Anushka and Priyanka will be Dimple." Ma'am ended.

Uh oh. This is really bad news! I thought in my head. I will have to act with Sameer and Anushka. Just when I thought the day couldn't get any worse, it did.

"Since there were no kissing scenes in the movie, we will add some in the play to make it more romantic. There will be one between Dimple and Luv, one between Kush and Piyali, three between Dimple and Kush and three between Piyali and Luv." Ma'am said. Kabir laughed behind me patted me on the back. I also heard Naina giggle somewhere behind me. I looked at Priyanka beside me and saw that she had gone pale. I took her hand in mine and squeezed it.

She looked at me worriedly and mouthed, I don't want to kiss anybody. I mouthed, me neither, back to her.

"Oh don't worry guys, you don't have to actually kiss. You just have to pretend to!" Anjali ma'am said and Priyanka and I immediately let out our breathes in relief. I looked over at Sameer and Anushka and saw that they were sulking. What idiots!
----------------------------------------------
So guys what do u think will happen? Will the rehearsing for the play go well?
Plz leave ur thoughts in the comments and don't forget to Vote and Share