Chapter 78

My new car came the day they were leaving for America. It was a stunning, shiny, new, charcoal black Jaguar with wood and chocolate leather interior. I wanted to take Noel for a ride, show him how much I loved it but he was too busy preparing to leave.

"I was beginning to think the present was just the key." I told him and kissed his cheek.

He just shooed me away. "My girl wanted a Jag, my girl's got one."

"It's perfect Noel... can't you leave your suitcases a minute?"

"The driver's gonna be here soon, he's not going to be fucking impressed if he turns up and I'm not ready." he said as he went to his wardrobe for more clothes.

"Well I'm not impressed you're putting the driver's feelings ahead of mine." I muttered.

"Sorry the car took fucking months to get here, I'm not buying off them again." he said still not going off task.

"I don't give a shit if it had taken a year, I love it and I want to thank you for it." I told him.

It didn't seem to matter to him what we'd be away from each other for two weeks, as long as he was sticking to his schedule everything was alright in his mind.

"You have, you thanked me when you got the key."

I sat on the bed. "But Chief,

He looked at me as soon as I said it. I had his attention now.

"I want to thank you properly. I didn't know it'd be such a gorgeous car from the key, did I?"

He kissed me before shrugging and insisting. "It's a car."

"What have you got left to pack?" I asked, deciding I might as well play assistant since he didn't want me as his girlfriend right now. "I'll help."

...

Noel had his suitcases packed and was waiting for the driver when we got a call from Liam, I answered.

"Let Noel know I won't be at the airport, will ya?" he told me like it was nothing.

"What? Why?" I questioned knowing Noel was going to go ape shit.

"Me and Patsy have stuff to sort out." Maybe she was our Yoko afterall.

"Yeah? What's more important than the start of the tour?"

I was afraid he was going to say it was the wedding.

"We're looking to buy a house, in London." he said calmly like he couldn't see why that would be a problem. "We're going to move in together, properly."

"Noel's going to lose his shit." I warned before reluctantly shouting for him.

"He'll be rate." Liam said, still not caring.

"You tell him, I'm not." I told Liam as Noel got to me and I passed him the phone.

"Tell me what?" He was so unsuspecting and cheery.

I stepped back knowing something would get thrown or he'd lash out at something.

"Why are you in this FUCKING band if you can't take ANY of it seriously?" Noel growled down the phone. "You can't fucking fuck off for a FUCKING house when you've got a FUCKING tour!"

"Why don't you just FUCKING say you don't want to be here anymore cos you CLEARLY fucking don't?"

I walked off but I could still hear he kept on at Liam like that for ages, I didn't know how Liam was reacting but I couldn't imagine he was still calm either.