Chapter 35

I saw Noel's Rolls Royce park up on the side of the kerb as I watched TV. I was already packed for the tour (we were leaving for America in two days) and was waiting for him to come home. I was sat wearing his leather jacket.

    Now I wasn't in London, surrounded by hipster types, I saw the funny side of someone like Noel being driven around in a Rolls Royce. It was like a revolution had happened and he'd come out of it on top.

    I couldn't help but smirk seeing the driver get out and walk down the drive to the front door. He wasn't in the full posh person's driver uniform but he did have that look about him.

 "How much do you get paid for this?" I asked as I stood at the front door.

 "I can't say. Mr Gallagher wants you to visit Mr Bonehead's residence."

    I chuckled "Yeah I'll go to Bonehead's gaff."

    I joined Noel, sat on the back seat. It was so much nicer and posher than I imagined. Noel looked so out of place in his dark blue Adidas tracksuit and white trainers but the shades confirmed he did belong.

 "Love the jacket." he said and kissed me on the cheek.

 "Are we ready to go sir?" the driver asked patiently.

 "Oh, yeah, yeah, drive on." he'd obviously forgotten the protocol already.

    I took his sunglasses revealing his bright blue, alluring eyes and famous thick dark eyebrows. "Look at the world through your own eyes for a bit." I hanged them from the jacket's collar.

    He gave me a strange look. I hadn't made sense but he wasn't going to argue, he kissed my lips instead.

 "When we get to "Mr Bonehead's residence" try to be excited about Lucy Oasis. I told them you were."

    He laughed. "I don't know why he keeps talking friggin' weird like that, I haven't told him to. We're just picking Bonehead up and going round Liam's."

    The time apart had definitely done good for us. I'd stayed out of trouble like I promised, I'd spent too much time working or being with Peggy or Kenzie to get up to anything I shouldn't.

    After less than ten minutes with Kate and Lucy we left for Liam's house.

 "Y'know I never thought I wouldn't mind being woken up several times a night, having someone talk through screams and that." Bonehead commented on the drive over.

 "Well I'm glad we're not going down that road. Think of all the stuff you're missing like New Year's..."

    I stopped listening. I didn't want to hear how unprepared for parenthood Noel was and how little he wanted it. I enjoyed the party lifestyle as much as anyone else but we weren't getting younger.

...

 "Let us have a look at the 'Royce." Liam asked excitedly.

    He didn't know anything about cars and didn't usually care but it's not every day people like us have access to cars like that.

 "Damage anything and I'll kill you." Noel warned and threw him the keys.

    He'd dismissed the driver after the Rolls' was safely stored in Liam's garage. I wondered what the driver was supposed to do in a foreign city until he was needed again.

 "Come with us Yorkie, you know about cars." he said, tapping my arm.

    Being alone with Liam wasn't usually a good idea and I wanted to spend time with Noel, not him. "Bonehead knows more than I do."