Chapter 33

"Bet you're glad I moved out when I did." Paul, the older brother said, seeing me sat in his room, alone.

 "Yeah, I don't know what would have happened if this room wasn't free."

 "What are you doing up here anyway? Sick of everyone already?"

 "Me and Noel had an argument this morning, we've not been talking to each other since. It's never happened before, I don't know what to do." I admitted.

    He sat on the edge of the bed like Noel had the first night I was here. "That's not like Noel, I've never known him shut up from an argument. What was it about?"

 "He got a Rolls Royce that he can't bloody drive for Christmas. Made me realise how much I hate London. "Fuck off back to Manchester." is pretty much the last thing he said to me."

 "Wow a Rolls Royce." He raised his eyebrows, impressed. "Move back here if that's what you want. You lot are always going off on tours anyway, aren't you?. It's not like you'll be away from each other long."

    We hugged and before I knew it I'd forced our lips to collide. Making the situation instantly worse, as usual.

 "Well done! Got the fucking hat trick now!" Noel clapped, making me jump away from his brother. "Don't let me stop you. I'm just up here for a piss."

 "Noel, kid." Paul went to talk to him while he was on the toilet. "She's just upset, lad. She needs you to talk."

 "I'm friggin' done with her, Paul. There's plenty of birds that don't fuck around whenever they can, I'm going to find one of them."

 "Come on, just talk to her..." the rest was drowned out by the flush and then the running tap.

    Noel came and stood at the bedroom door. "Want to talk, then get talking." he said impatiently.

 "Noel, I didn't mean to."

 "You never mean to, do you?"

 "I'm so sorry. I just want to move back up north, get my old job back and everything. I really don't want to break up. I can't lose you." I admitted.

 "It's over Stacy. I can't fucking do this anymore." he crossed his arms. "I can't be arsed to listen to what you've got to spin to keep us together."

 "Please Noel..."

 "Have my brothers, have the Scouse, have whoever, I don't care." he interrupted. "Don't worry, I'll be civil especially tomorrow, for Kenzie and everyone else." He walked away like nothing had happened.

...

    The next morning I felt someone push me, waking me up as they sat on the bed. I'd slept in Noel's old bed so Paul could use his. I'd laid staring at the ceiling until the early hours, too upset to get to sleep.

 "Merry Christmas." they spoke as I sat up.

    I was relieved to hear Noel's calm, gentle tone. Maybe I'd been dreaming and we weren't broken up at all.

 "Look, I stayed at Liam's last night. What happened yesterday was stupid, I shouldn't have a Rolls, the money hasn't even come yet. Can we like, forget about it and start over?"

 "I'm so sorry for kissing Paul, I don't know what the hell I was doing. I still want to move back up here but yeah, let's forget yesterday."

 "Right, I got you a present." he passed me the wrapped box he'd been holding.

 "You've got wrapping skills." I admired the work as I tried to guess what it was.

 "Obviously." he said as I tore the paper.