Chapter 57

"Hey, did you have a good time in Liverpool?" Peggy asked casually, from the living room.

"Yeah, thanks. We won the match and it's always great to be back there." I smiled. "We had fun, didn't we Jamie?"

He was stood behind me, trying to keep quiet. "Yeah, went to the docks, did some shopping and that."

"Speaking of shopping, I've got something upstairs to show you." she led us upstairs to the lads' room. "Close your eyes." she instructed outside the closed door.

I put my hand in front of my eyes and she put her hand over mine to make sure I couldn't see. She opened the door, took my hand and led me into the room.

She took her hand away but I didn't look straight away, I took a few seconds to try to guess what it was.

"Oh wow." I heard Jamie say with a bit of a gasp, stood behind me.

The previously dark blue walls (covered in posters, photos, tickets and other teenage decoration) were now neutral colours, a pale brownish, yellowish cream.

It made the room look a lot more spacious and bright. Maybe it was the wide open jungle theme curtains, I couldn't remember what the room was like with the curtains open.

"I should have never let them use that horrible blue paint." Peggy commented.

There was now a feature wall with a painted mural. It was a cartoon-y jungle theme with a cloud mane kind of lion, the sky in the scene was a clear, light blue, sky blue.

Their beds had been pushed together like a double bed, their furniture had been moved too, to make room for a beech wooden cot.

"This is amazing, who's done all this?" I asked, really, really impressed how much they'd transformed the room.

"Some painter and decorator lads Bonehead knows from when he was a plasterer." I recognised Noel's voice, he rested his chin on my shoulder and hugged me from behind.

"What are you doing back?" I asked excited, I thought the tour was longer than this.

"Japan's not that big and time flies when you're touring." he answered.

I turned to look at him, kissing his cheek. "When you're having fun." I corrected.

"I'm going to get off, see ya later, Stacy." Jamie announced, we may have made him feel really awkward.

Noel stopped hugging me and turned to him. "Thanks for looking after her, Scouse." he said offering his hand to him.

"No problem, mate." Jamie shook his hand quickly before stepping back to go down the stairs.

"You're not leaving without a hug." I told him before approaching him and hugging. "Ring when you're home so I know you're safe."

He nodded as I let go of him. "Yes, Mum." he said putting on the tone of a teenager. He left the house and drove off.

"Did you do all this?" I asked, turning my attention back to Noel, taking his hands.

"I told them what to do."

"You're good at giving orders, aren't you Chief?"

Peggy walked off sensing we needed some time to appreciate the new room, alone.

"Got to be haven't I? And I put up the cot."

I pulled him into the room and shut the door behind us.

"I'm good with screwdrivers... I've never seen a better built flat pack." he ruined his own sexual talk to boast.

"You did great. It's beautiful. Your creative vision continues to astound me." I complimented.