Chapter 77

Thanks to the spiking, my parents kept Jimmyi for a few days longer than they were supposed to so I could rest.

Liam believed I was spiked once Noel talked to him but he insisted it wasn't Patsy, in fact he was convinced the spike must have been meant for her and became even more protective.

He thought I was trying to break them up, the truth was if I wanted to, I would have done it already, Emily was easy enough, Patsy would probably be easier.

Jamie still wouldn't tell me anything about his new girl but I didn't care as long as she wasn't around Jimmyi before I got to meet her.

Oasis had one more gig in England, MTV Unplugged and then they were off to America, there was two weeks until then which meant two weeks of family time.

"Stace!" Noel shouted, he was playing with Jimmyi while I was putting the washing on.

"Yeah, Noelie?" I called back knowing he hated Noelie as much as I hated Stace, I forgave him because he was so excited.

"Come and watch this!"

I pressed start on the machine and went to them, Jimmyi was probably doing something Noel didn't know he could. "What?"

He took the teddy Jimmyi was playing with and put it back on the floor out of his reach. He army crawled to get it back.

"That's so good, he'll be proper crawling before we know it." I smiled.

"Yeah, while I'm gone somewhere." he sighed.

"We're coming on tour, I'm not gonna let you miss anything." I assured him.

I didn't really want to tour again but I didn't want him missing out on Jimmyi growing up even more.

"How come you're not coming when we do then?"

"Don't fancy any of those first dates' places." I excused.

He thought about it. "Philadelphia, you liked it there and New York, you're missing about 3 days in New York."

...

Noel had gone out (I didn't ask where) and I was sat with Jimmyi, getting bored of playing with his toys. I couldn't find the controller so I couldn't watch TV. I looked around for something to do.

"Daddy's gonna kill me." I told Jimmyi as I sat back down with Noel's guitar.

It was the one he'd had since he was a kid, the one he tried to teach me on before. I'd never wanted to play, I wasn't interested in the slightest but I was that bored.

"Da!" Jimmyi clapped.

"Yeah, Daddy. What can I play?" I asked him trying to think of the song that seemed easiest to play.

All the reviews said how simplistic Wonderwall was so I tried to remember how Noel holds it as he played and went for it. As soon as it sounded vaguely like it should I attempted singing too. "Today is gonna be the day. That they're gonna throw it back to you. By now you should've somehow. Realised what you gotta do. I don't believe that anybody. Feels the way I do, about you now."

Jimmyi clapped along, he enjoyed it, I doubted anyone who wasn't a baby would enjoy it as much.

I paused a moment, still playing, preparing myself for the next lyrics and then took a deep breath and started again. "Backbeat, the word was on the street. That the fire in your heart is out. I'm sure you've heard it all before. But you never really had a doubt... I don't believe that anybody. Feels the way I do about you now."