Chapter 15

Liam walked in. "Ey up, what's going on here?" he was in way too good of a mood.

 "Trying to teach her, aren't I? But she's useless."

 "Course she is, she don't need to learn any of that crap cos she's my little Yorkie." he grinned.

    He was creeping me out, being so sickeningly happy and he just called me a Yorkshire Terrier.

 "Have you downed a whole bag of happy pills?"

 "Might have." he shrugged. "I just know we were bloody great on stage. Weren't we?"

 "Yeah, Bonehead's slipped something in your tea." I commented.

    Noel strummed the guitar, loud. "I came in here to practice, alone." he complained. "Now he's back you can go babysit him somewhere else."

 "Oi! I don't need babysitting, you cunt." and he's back.

 "Yeah, you do so fuck off." Noel got up and sat back on his bed with his guitar, smiling at his own remark.

 "This is my room anall. What if I fancy staying here and shagging my girlfriend? It'll give you a bit of inspiration, won't it?"

    Noel shook his head looking embarrassed. "Liam, just do one, will you?"

 "Come on, he's getting jealous cos he can't have me and you can." I took Liam's hand, looking into Noel's eyes.

 "I'll take yous to the Beatles museum, if you let me go to Liverpool with you." I offered, knowing Liam wouldn't let Noel ban me.

 "What? What d'you mean? You always come with us. Kenzie's coming and she's preggers."

 "For fucks sake, if you two leave right now you can." I gave Noel a surprised but pleased smile, I didn't think it was going to be that easy.

 "Thanks Chief." I was tempted to say I was just going to go anyway but I didn't want to push my luck.

 "Why'd he ban you?" Liam asked as we walked downstairs.

 "Oh, he just didn't want any distraction, you know what he's like." I shrugged.

...

    I drove them to Liverpool on the day of the gig, earlier than usual. I was so excited to learn all about the Beatles!

    Liam sang every lyric to every song that played to himself and spent ages (way too long) at each display piece.

 "Come here." Noel whispered, taking my hand.

    We walked until Liam was out of sight (too busy studying John Lennon's glasses), he pushed me against a display board and kissed me, the other visitors didn't seem to notice so we started snogging. I'd forgotten how good his lips felt against mine.

 "Liam's over there!" I protested as he moved his hands to my waist.

 "Yeah. I know. I'm the Chief, I can do what I want." he whispered.

    I wasn't having that. That was too much ego. "Yeah, you can musically, but not with me." I whispered in his ear. I pushed past him.

 "You were up for it the other day."

 "And now I'm not. I'm with Liam, you're with Louise." I stated the obvious.

 "I'd end it with her, for good, for you." he told me.

    Liam finished gazing at Lennon's specks as we joined him. "I'm going to get a pair." he nodded.

    Me and Noel looked at each other, confirming we both thought it was a ridiculous idea, he already had the hair, the glasses would be too much.