Chapter 32

Noel got back on the morning of the 19th of December and climbed into bed with me. "Fucking exhausted." I heard him say before he fell asleep.

It was so good to finally have him back with me, even simply laying together asleep as we did for the next few hours.

...

"Stacy, where the fuck are you?" Noel shouted, it was the afternoon already, I'd been doing housework for ages. "Come and sit with me, I've brushed my teeth and that."

I tried not to think about the fact that I was wearing indoorsy, housework clothes and my hair was tied in a quick bun. I should have been wearing something a bit more flattering for the first time we've been together in a month.

"Alright, d'you want any food bringing up?"

"Got any champagne? Thanks."

I walked to the fridge, unsurprised by the distinct lack of champagne. "No, no champagne, sorry." I shouted.

"Alright, council pop?"

I brought a bottle of sparkling water and two glasses to the bedroom and sat in bed with him. I poured our drink like it was champagne.

He was sat wearing boxers, socks and a black Adidas t-shirt, it didn't look like he'd brushed his hair yet.

"Welcome back." we clinked our classes as though it was a toast.

"So glad to be back. I've missed you, I've missed us." he drank about half the glass in one go and burped.

"How romantic." I said sarcastically. "How was the tour?"

"Ignoring America, bloody brilliant but I think, for the next few days I want nothing to do with it. Just me and you, y'know?"

I kissed him. "I love that idea."

"What have you been doing without me?"

"I made it into work a couple of times, visited Manchester and stuff. Other than that it's been wall to wall orgies in here."

"You'll be too tired for me then." he finished his drink and put the glass on the bedside table.

Why was he never phased by anything? I didn't deserve to get away with jokes like that without at least some suspicion, especially with how I'd behaved in the past.

"I'll never be too tired for you." I put my drink aside as well and moved closer.

He slid his hands underneath my t-shirt. "I've got to keep that remembered." As his hands worked on my breasts he kissed me with the passion I'd missed while he was away.

...

When we finished we had a shower together, got dressed and then went to the kitchen.

Noel had breakfast (toast and a cigarette) while I started to sort his washing into piles for the washing machine.

"You don't have to bother doing that, we can get someone in." he commented.

"Why pay for something we can do ourselves? Anyway you said you wanted to be normal for a bit, us non- rockstars do housework."

"I meant I don't want to be with the band, the staff and the fans. I want to relax."

"The job needs doing and it'll be quicker if we get it done together."

"Fine." he put his plate in the dishwasher and got rid of his cigarette. "It'll be your fault when tomorrow's headline is "Noel Gallagher pegs the washing out!" or something and ruins my image."