“Yes your Majesty?” inquired George bowing.

“Do you remember checking in a girl named Ana?” I asked adamantly. He began briskly checking the guest list.

“There are eight ladies on this list with the name Ana sir. Two of which I was informed couldn’t make it, two of them are mated and that leaves four to which you can be referring sir” said George, looking up from the list.

“Next week we are all scheduled to start the annual check on the packs, to meet and get to know them. That gives us time to make sure that she is one of those ladies and if its not then you may still find her when we do the check,” spoke Mom reassuringly.

“George please have the files on those ladies brought up to the office,” I said before turning to my family; all saw my wolf looking back at them fiercely. After making our way to the office, the doors were shut and everyone, apart from me, took a seat and the discussion began.

“Kellen, she’ll have a good reason for not staying,” began Arabelle reasonably.

“What reason would that be?! She’s my mate she wouldn’t leave! She can’t!” I snarled and began pacing again.

“Don’t snap at me! If you think about it, she has a very good reason for staying away.” She stated annoyed by the tone I’d taken.

“Bells’ right bro, we were just attacked by rogues.” Joined Maxim. It didn’t help that, apart from Arabelle, both my parents and Maxim had their mates next to them and I didn’t.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked getting angrier.

“It means that your mate either has a lot of common sense or has been told by her Alpha to stay away from you for now,” spoke Dad. I was about to reply when Mom spoke first.

“If the rogue attack was not only to take down some of the Alphas and us but to see if you had found your mate, then they’d have seen you both together, meaning she will now have a target on her back and they will be looking to find and kill her in order to weaken you. I would imagine that keeping you both safe would have been her motivation for leaving you,” reasoned Mom calmly.

“She seemed a very intelligent girl” injected Sophia gently, surprising everyone since she was normally a very quiet girl. I noticed Maxim’s eyes light up before I looked away.

“I agree, not only that but she was unbelievably gorgeous!” added Bell sighing, “Mom! I’m gonna have to get a really, really good looking mate to match up to the beauty of their mates!” she wined, making us all laugh and Sophia blush.

“Yes, she looked very beautiful; I’m sure that some of our guests noticed that as well,” chuckled Mom, this reminder however made my wolf growl.

After having stopped pacing, I shoved my hands in my pockets absent-mindedly; I hadn’t realized I’d put anything in my pocket but felt something there. Pulling it out, I brought it up to my eyes for inspection and examined it closely; it was a bracelet made from white silver and had jeweled hearts encrusted around the edges with three different types of gems at the top of it.

“What’s that sweetie?” inquired Mom curiously.

“A bracelet, I just found it in my pocket. Do any of you recognize it?” I asked holding it up for the others to see. When they all shook their heads, I went back to examining it; it looked familiar…

“It might be your mate’s?” suggested Dad as if reading my mind.

“Yes, I’m sure she was wearing something like it” pitched in Mom. Thinking about it, I suddenly remember that she was wearing a bracelet of some form.

“Now I think about it, she was wearing a bracelet…” I murmured quietly though I’m sure they all heard me.

“May I look at that closely please?” asked Bell frowning. Walking over, I held it out for her to see, reluctant to give it her; if my mate did leave it with me then it may help me find her.

“Bracelets like these are usually passed from father to daughter and are given as a sign of affection and belonging. They’re not very common here but the south has them; it’s a tradition there I think. If this is your mate’s then it would be very important to her, I don’t think she left you this by accident.” Said Bell in all seriousness.

“How do you know?” I ask intrigued.

“One of my friends wears one and I asked about it since I like traditions. From what I can remember, I think the purple gem means love, the light purple/blue one means belonging and the dark blue one means family. Not a bracelet you would give away lightly.” She smiled meaningfully up at me.

“If that is the case then I think we can safely say she plans on collecting it.” Smiled Mom. Finding the bracelet reassured me a lot of my mate returning to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! Hope you're enjoying the story so far! Hopefully any questions you have will be answered in the chapters to come :P COMMENTS and VOTES please, I'd love hearing what you think so far! :D Thankyou xx