Chapter 30 : The Forgotten Cave Rumor

We moved out of the place. We got what we needed now it's time for us to go. As we stepped out of the Elder's place, the rain stopped and sun can be seen in the distance. It was truly a magnificent day. Nae joins us immediately after we got out of the Elder's place. Suddenly all of the guard on the village surround us. "This is bad. Super bad." All four of us stand back to back. I laugh. "This is so cliche'. I forgot that this is a game. Of course this kind of stuff happen." I unsheathed my sword. "STOP IT!" We turned around and saw the Elder shouting the guard to stop. "Elder. Why?" I asked. The Elder smile. "Something you said clicked me. I was a fool. I let the evil in me get the best of me. Can I say something important?. I was never the chief of this village. This village, was Borias's village. He was the chief. Yet I, envy of his possession of the stone that protected this place, tried to take his position from him. I frame him and I rose to the top as the chief. Something you said before made me realize how fool I was before. Thank you and I apologize for all the things I've done." The Elder bow down his head. I looked at him. "Rise your head. I'm not the one who you're supposed to apologize. He's the one." I gesture towards Borias who was steadily making his advances towards us.

****

[Outside of Leaf Village.]

"It's a good thing everything happen the way it should be right?" I looked at Nae. "what are you talking about? Nothing's ever going the way we planned. At least we got the first shard of the Stone." I looked at the blue stone. It's really a beautiful stone. I understand why people wouldn't want lose it. "Well, all well's end's well. Borias got to be the chief again and the whole bandit thing is all under the bridge now." Cydella hugged my arm as she said that. I patted her head. "Yeah it's true. So the next stop is the Cave Of The Forgotten Ones right?" I looked over Aisa and saw her strangely looking into space. "Aisa?" Sylvia called her and she answer with a surprised look. 'Something is wrong.' I thought.

****

[Green Town Black Coffee]

We stopped by on a near town to rest and have a few drinks. "Wuhhaa! So many food! I haven't eaten in the past three days. All those fighting made me even more hungry! Excuse me ! Give me another serving of your food!" Nae shout. "Nae stop making stupid request. We'll burn the money away if we keep ordering big food you know ." I scolded Nae. "Yeah Nae. You shouldn't order something like that. Excuse me. One order wait make that two no three order of Crunchy Meat! This guy is paying." Sylvia pointed at me. "You're even worse than him!" I retorted back. I can't even relax with all of these things keep popping up. The waitress comes a few minutes later bringing our food to the table. They're surprisingly worked fast. Really fast. I thank the waitress and she bowed and suddenly stopped to look at us. I noticed it. "Anything wrong?" I asked. The waitress just looked at us and left. 'What was that all about?'.

****

We finished eating. The waitress came without us calling her. To top it off, it's the same one who is staring at us. "Umm, are you all by any chance not from here?" The waitress ask. Finally she spoke! and she had a cute voice too! "Yeah. We came somewhere far to search for the-" Aisa tugged my shirt. "To search for?" The waitress ask. "to search for the secret item that resides somewhere in a cave." The waitress seems satisfied and look at us. "So then, I suggest the Cave Of The Forgotten Ones." We all looked at her. "Can you tell us more about it?" said Cydella. "Sure. I was planning on asking for your help too. Actually, I've heard some strange rumors going on in that cave." We all looked at each other "Rumors?". "Yes. It happened one week ago. The cave started glowing blue and strange looking creature's shadow could be seen. People who used to go there are too scared to go even close to it." Cydella and Sylvia are shaking. That's an action I never thought would ever come . I smile. "About that place. Tell me more where is it?"