Chapter 21 : The Real One

[Dungeon Floor 79]

Cydella's POV

One more floor. One more then it's the Arachniapod Boss. We all would use Slay's strategy to defeat it. Although I can't agree with it, we all gotta do it because Slay is so convinced that it would lead us to victory. I looked at Slay and as usual, only the coldness radiates from him. It's like it's not him at all. I sighed. How long has it been this way? Sudden flashback from the time when he killed the Garuda came back.

****

[Flashback]

It was chaos. The Garuda manage to land the first hit. Luckily I dodged it but instead of hitting me, the Garuda's wave blast hit the wall behind me. Like a cake being sliced, the wall drop onto me. I remember saying "This is it" inside my head. Closing my eyes and waiting for me to be crushed by it. But it never came. When I opened my eyes, Slay was there protecting me. He didn't say a word but I can see it. He got up and went to the others. I knew by that time, that it wasn't Slay's intention to save me but something else. The few seconds later all ended with Slay killing the Garuda boss. With a terrifying aura.

[Flashback ended]

****

"What are you doing staring blankly?" Sylvia called out. I hurried over to them. Suddenly, Leo stopped. "We're here. Floor 80" I looked over and saw a huge door in front of us. This is it. The fight of our freedom. I sighed and looked at Slay. As usual his face is emotionless. I focus my attention forward and move inside the dungeon.

****

[Inside Dungeon Floor : Arachniapod's Lair]

The inside is very dark. So dark that it seems that something is waiting for us to walk into it's trap. We stepped inside and suddenly the room was lit with torches on walls. That is a bit relief because we don't have to fight in the dark. We looked around the room but the boss was nowhere to be seen. We decided to look for it. Not long after Leo issued a command to search the area, a loud scream can be heard. We rushed over to the person, but it was too late. He was already dead and behind him is a giant spider with a scorpion tail. It jumped to the ceiling and latched itself on it. We prepare for battle. "What are you guys doing? Do as we planned!" Slay shouted. We just nodded.

****

I started to shower it my attack in hope that it will be enough to irritate it and make it come down. The plan worked! It fell for it!. The spider dropped down and immediately after it fall down, Me an Sylvia cast a powerful net to capture it and rendered it's movement. After we do that Nae uses his special powerful skill to hit the monster. The planned worked as it reduced the health of the monster to a half. We rejoiced in happiness but it was too early to rejoice as the monster break free from the binds and going straight for us. With Nae got thrown away earlier nobody is there to protect us. I looked at Slay and he is ready to attack but then put his swords back. I can't believe it. He's gonna leave us here to die. Tear flowed down to my cheek. I shouted loudly "You stupid guy! I wish I never care for you!" The monster charged at us and was getting closer. I take a last look at Slay. He had a grin on his face. We closed our eyes and prepare to die.

In a few seconds now.

.

..

...

....

It never came. I opened my eyes and was shocked. There was a person who was holding back the enemy. He pushed it away hard. The person turned around. "Don't scream like that Cy" It was Slay!

******

Thanks for the support dear reader! ^A^