Part 8.5 : The Big Raid Part 6

[Floor 50 Boss room]

The wound was to deep. Damn. that thing pierce me straight into my body. Luckily it missed my heart. Nae cut the thing and free me from it. The tentacle wriggled and then it dissipated. "Damn! That thing should not move already! I thought it died?" Nae said in an anger tone. I looked at them. "It's okay. I managed to save Cy-" I cough up blood. Cydella rushed towards me and surprisingly, slaps me in the face. "Stupid! Stupid Slay! Why did you do that!? I..I'm the one who should've been pierce. I..I" She was crying uncontrollably. I feel bad for making her cry. I touch her cheek and pinch it. "A strong girl like you shouldn't cry. I'm sorry for making you cry like that." I stand up, groggily but I manage to stand. "Anyway, this fight isn't over yet. Look" All of them looked at where the boss has fallen. At first nothing happen, but slowly, it raised up and a powerful blinding light illuminates the chamber. Seconds later, it returns to normal. "This boss, is a hard nut to crack."

[Death Ghoul Reaper Revived]

The boss let out a deafening roar and put up it's hand on the air. A Scythe appeared and went into it's hand. "I've been waiting for you to use that weapon!" They were all puzzled. "What do you mean Slay?" I explained to them. "That is the Reaper's special weapon. It needs to be destroyed immediately or it will keep reviving the reaper again and again." They all nodded. Nae pulls out a weapon. "Alright! Let's destroy it together!" Said Nae. I shake my head. "No Nae. I want you guys to get out of here. Fast." Cydella, upon hearing that, protested. "Don't be stupid! I won't leave you on that condition! We all would fight!" said Cydella with anger. "DON'T BE STUPID CYDELLA! You want to get killed? You want to endangered the life of our teammate just because I'm injured?" I was shocked at myself. This is the first time I raised my voice against Cydella. But what's done is done. I explained some more. " The scythe absorb life energy once it hits you. It won't stop until you died. That's why I don't want to put anyone in our party in danger." Cydella makes a fist with her hand and suddenly kissed me. It was a long one. "Wha-what was that for!?" I said with embarrassment. Cydella blushes. Nae and Sylvia just grins at us. "Stop grinning please!" Cydella looked at me "It was my first time. Anyway! Promise me that you will come back no matter what!" Cydella said it and hugged me tightly. I was shocked but then I patted her head. "Cydella. I will come back. Stick with Nae and Sylvia okay?" I hugged her back and then part from her gently. I smiled at her and looked at the rest of them.

I shouted at Rhonde. "Rhonde! The door's open! Go! take your people! I'll distract the Reaper! GO!!" Rhonde look behind the Reaper and found out the door was open. He was about to move then he stop and looked at me. "what about you!?" He shouted. I shouted back. "I'm gonna come after that! Just Go! I'll distract it!" I can sense Rhonde's heavy heart as he leaves me there. "Don't die!" He said before he leaves. I chuckled. "I wasn't planning to."

Rhonde gives the information that the door has been open and proceed to make sure people went in there safely and without getting noticed by the Reaper. I was busy distracting the Reaper that I din't realized everyone has move. Cydella kisses me and continue outside.

With Everyone out, the door closes. I took a deep breath but then I cough up blood. I looked at my hand, covered wtih blood and smile. "damn. this is bad" I took out my sword and jumps.