Chapter 57 The Burning of a Thousand Miles; The Second Black Night part 3

Start from the beginning

There was a scoff from Hatta as he looked up towards his brother with a devious smile. The being was enjoying himself a bit too much. This made Terry take the opportunity. A sudden rush of dark energy was birthed as the vampire's eyes flashed with a bright golden flare. His body morphed into countless creatures of the night, mainly bats, and they all swarmed in Hatta's direction.

The trickster's body was immediately submerged in the horror of the dark power, making Terry lunge him into the air as he remerged.

"Terry no!" yelled Locke, but the words went ignored. The boy went in for another attack, but found himself paralyzed.

His body became stiff, and that's when he noticed the large tail around him. It pulled him close to Hatta's body, who then unleashed an eerie wave of mana. All around Terry, a horrific cat-like grin invaded his mind. The darkness was now turning on him, causing whispers of insanity to drown his thoughts. There were just too many flashes to avoid.

"That's enough!" and then with one abrupt scream, he yelled in anger, making the veins he knew all too well, swell on his face.

Hatta was amused at the vampire, but when the shout crossed his mind, he could not help but watch in curiosity. The power the boy began to emit was unlike anything he ever knew. In an instant, his tail was repelled and Terry's golden eyes became only that—orbs of bright light.

The chain he wore around his neck, the one similar to a bottle, began to rattle. It opened and released a gas-like energy that enveloped his head, making a crown of runes shower Terry.

"Yield under her embrace." His words echoed within everyone's ears, and in an instant, Terry brought two long black nails up to his face in the direction of Hatta, as his round glasses crumbled under the pressure he was invoking.

A wave of burnished flames, appearing like liquid gold but with the ferocity of the sun, burst from them and destroyed everything in its wake. Even the air that was succumbed to the presence became unbreathable, and when it was about to reach Hatta, the trickster realized the danger.

His frenzied colored eyes widened in shock, as he morphed into his purple and black fox to dodge the attack.

"Get out of its path you fools!" Hatta yelled, turning back to the Impaler's Guard and forcing Valentina to grab Hale. She moved away from the aura, while the rest managed to avoid damage. Nevertheless, they fell to the great force when the atmosphere became unbearable for them.

"What power, how can a measly human have such strength?" Valentina coughed, shielding Hale with her sleeves from any harm.

"You idiot! Why would show your ace?" Locke yelled in frustration, causing Terry to scoff as he relished from the powerful energy he was emitting. The vampire was strong enough to mimic Locke's floating abilities and his crown of runes gave him the force-field he needed to keep his enemies at bay.

"That wasn't my ace," his voice hissed its way into Locke's ears while he bore his glistening white fangs in a threatening poise.

"What are you talking about?" Locke yelled in angst, seeing how wary his brother was becoming.

If he knew anything about Hatta, it was that he was far more cunning and deceiving than Locke was. This unnerved the trickster, for there wasn't a thing he could ever best his brother at.

'Terry is flaunting too much, Hatta will be wary to avoid his abilities.'

Because of this Locke began to formulate a plan B, so that he could save his comrade the minute Hatta went in for the kill. But just as he was doing this, another hiss emerged from Terry. Locke saw how the boy slashed away at the air around him, opening up a portal to the In-Between.