United front

[A month later: SummerSlam]

* * *
Seth

I was able to make a full recovery in just under two and a half weeks and it was largely due to Dean that I was able to make such a quick comeback. He had not let me lift a finger for the whole time i was recovering and although it annoyed me at first, i knew that he did it out of love. Once I was medically cleared the three of us regrouped and planned our next move.Those wannabes could try all they liked but no one could ever replace us. I was set to make my return at SummerSlam and when the PPV was in it's final hour, the crowd seemed to appreciate our return, cheering loudly.  

Dean grabbed a microphone from the ringside area, and a smirk spread across his face as he soaked up the crowd's reaction

"We're back" he said, causing a loud cheer to echo through the arena "And we're better than ever baby"

I walked over to Dean and motioned for the microphone

"That's right. Shield 2.0 or whatever you wanna call yourselves. You may think you're better than us but there's one thing we have that you'll never have and that's brotherhood"

Dean grabbed another microphone from ringside

''That's right" he agreed "We're brothers, we got each others backs and we know that when it comes to protecting what we have, we'll stop at nothing"

I nodded "I know what you're thinking and yeah, I turned on my brothers, I hit them with a steel chair when they're backs were turned but I realized my mistake and I came back to where I belong"

Roman reached for the microphone and I handed it to him "We know you're back there watching us so how about you bring your asses out here and show us just how great you really are"

The crowd cheered with excitement as the titantron came to life and all three of us focused our attention to the screen as our three impersonators came into view 

"Aww isn't that sweet. Seth's all better again" My double-ganger mocked "Did you cry when I broke your ankle Seth?"

I took the microphone back from Roman "Actually it was only sprained, you weren't man enough to break it"

The crowd let out a oohhhh

"Why are you hiding back there huh?" Dean asked "Cos we're ready for a fight''

''Oh don't worry, we'll fight you" Dean's double-ganger voiced "Just not tonight" he added

The crowd booed in response

"And here's some advice for you. Be ready for war" 

The screen went black and The Shield music played. The three of us extended our fists out in front of us in a silent display of unity. We were ready, more than ready but the real question was were they?