Misunderstanding

* * *
Dean

I could feel my temper rising as I made my way towards Roman's locker room. He may be my closest friend but he had no right to warn Seth off me the way he did. He knew nothing about Seth and I's relationship. I knocked impatiently and it didn't take him long to open the door

"I take it Seth told you what I said?" He asked as I pushed my way inside

"You're damn right he did. Where do you get off warning him off me like that huh?" I replied "I fucking really care about him"

Roman looked at me incredulously "Since when? Last I heard you were dating some blonde chick"

"We broke up but that's beside the point. I spent years dating women and none of those relationships ever worked out because ultimately my heart was never in it. It was always Seth, ever since we first met"

I'd never told Roman about my feelings for Seth and I could understand how it would seem unusual for me to suddenly be in a same-sex relationship after years of being with women

"So you're gay now?" Roman asked

"It's not that simple" I explained "Seth's the first guy I've ever found attractive, the first guy I've ever wanted to have a relationship with. I don't know why but with him, it just feels right"

"He's in deep man" Roman answered "I can tell and that's why I warned him to be careful...I don't want him to get his heartbroken"

"I know I'm not perfect but I'm trying to be a better person, for him" I replied "We're making things work the best way we know how and I'd really appreciate it if we had your support man"

Roman sighed as he studied my face "I didn't mean to upset you...or Seth i just didn't know about the way you felt all these years"

"Hey it's cool" I assured ''You're just being a good friend but now that you know everything, are we cool?"

Roman punched my shoulder playfully "Of course we are man. Can you do something for me?"

"What?" I asked

"Apologize to Seth for me and maybe keep the lovey dovey stuff to a minimum around me?" Roman asked

"Oh come on Ro" i teased "He's a great kisser not to mention incredibly sexy when he-"

"Ok stop. Seriously" Roman interrupted "I have no problem with you guys being together but your my baby brothers man"

I made my way towards the door, smiling at him mischievously as I left