Two can play that game

* * *
Dean

I stood backstage watching Seth's match on one of the monitors near the Gorilla Position when my mind started to wander. I thought about how great our relationship had been. Seth had been so patient with me, so understanding and I could feel myself slowly changing into a better person because of him. I don't know how he puts up with me sometimes, he's a damn godsend, that's for sure. I was suddenly shook out of my thoughts by the sound of Seth yelling out in pain and my eyes widened as I saw Kane striking him in the ribs repeatedly with a steel chair. I rushed towards the entrance ramp but i didn't get as far as i wanted.

''GET THE FUCK OFF ME!!'' I yelled as I was lifted off my feet by three guys. I recognized them straight away as being Joey Mercury and two of the Authority's security team

''We can't allow you go out there Dean. We know about you and Seth's relationship and agree that it's not what's best for business'' I heard hunter say from somewhere behind me

How the hell did that big nosed fuck know about our relationship! I was carried towards an empty locker room and thrown inside. I fell to the floor with a thud

''I suggest that you stay in there for the rest of the night'' Hunter added as he shut and locked the door, leaving me in the dark

* * *
Seth

I managed to make it backstage with the help of a few trainers and was taken to the medical room. My ribs were bandaged and I was allowed to return to my locker room with the promise that I would get myself checked out properly at a hospital before the next show. They seemed to think my ribs were bruised, but they wanted to make sure it wasn't something worse. I couldn't figure out why Kane had attacked me for no good reason but I was guessing that The Authority was behind it somehow, Kane rarely acted without orders. Once i made it back to my locker room, i sat down on the couch, wincing as my ribs ached in protest. Not long after I heard my locker room door open and I turned my head to see Dean rushing towards me

He dropped to his knees in front of me ''I'm so sorry babe. I tried to get out there and help but Hunter's security grabbed me''

''It's fine'' I assured

''They locked me in an empty locker room'' Dean explained ''Can you believe that shit!''

''Wait...what?'' I asked confused ''Why?"

''Somehow Hunter knows about our relationship. He said it wasn't what was best for buisness" Dean explained

''How did you get out?'' 

''There was a back door'' Dean laughed ''Dumb fucks didn't think of that did they?''

I moved to stand up, wincing as my ribs throbbed ''Let's get out of here''

Dean grabbed our bags and we made our way to the nearest hospital to get my ribs checked before going to our hotel for the night. Once Dean and I got back from the hospital we cuddled on the bed and watched a movie. Thankfully my ribs were indeed just bruised and i was told that as long as i get some rest i'll be fine to wrestle at the next show. 

''You feeling any better?'' Dean asked as I shifted slightly

I had been given some pain medication at the hospital and although it had helped with the pain it had also made me drowsy

I turned my head to look at him ''Yeah a little. Just tired''

''Kane's going to pay for what he did to you''

A knock on the door stopped me from replying and Dean reluctantly let go of me to go and see who it was

Dean stepped to the side and Roman made his way into the room ''Hey uce. How you feeling?''

''As good as can be I guess'' I replied

''Did you guys hear about The Authority?'' Roman asked 

Dean settled back down beside me ''What about them?'' 

''What happened to Seth during his match. The Authority planned the whole thing'' Roman explained ''I overheard them talking about it. Apparently they are trying to break you guys up''

''I figured they were behind it'' Dean said ''But what have they got against us being together anyway?''

I pushed myself up the best i could ''If i've learnt anything from working with them then it's that they don't need a reason to do anything'' 

''Yeah well it's about time they realized they can't just play god with people's lifes'' Dean replied 

Roman and i exchanged a look ''I agree with you Dean but they also have the power to fire us at will''

I nodded ''Roman's right. I agree with you but we've got to be careful about this''

Dean was silently plotting, i could tell by the look on his face ''They messed with us. So we are gonna mess with them. We'll just have to be smart about it''

''Damn straight'' Roman agreed ''They're not the only ones who can play mind games"

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

* * * 
Dean

The lights went off in the arena and I ran into the ring, with Seth and Roman by my side, the three of us standing strong as the lights came back on. The crowd started to cheer, pleased to see us together again as Triple H, Randy Orton and Kane looked at each other in confusion.

Triple H brought the microphone up to his mouth ''I don't know why you three are out here -''

I cut him off before he could finish as my fist connecting with his jaw and as he fell to the mat I then turned my attention to Kane. I got out of the ring and grabbed a chair from ringside as Roman and Seth attacked Triple H and Randy, distracting Kane just long enough for me to slide into the ring and take his legs out from under him. The only difference between his chair attack and mine was that i was going to make sure i broke his ribs, not just bruised them. Our attack on the Authority soon turned into a full on brawl and the ring was filled with several referees and superstars as they tried to break up the fight. All three of us were relentless and we had no intention of stopping until we were eventually pulled away and taken backstage.

Revenge was sweet