Chapter 47: Moved On

So I'm sorry this chapter sucks and I'm sorry I waited too long... Lol enjoy(:

❤Delilah's Point of View❤

I scuffed the heels of my worn out converse against the concrete pavement outside of the hospital. I was sitting on a bench near the entrance after my release.

Physically, I'm fine. Mentally? Lets just not even go there. At this point, I had no idea how I was going to get home. I have been trying to call Michele and Austin for the past hour and a half. I've even tried calling Dave. They all end with the same result. No answer.

The afternoon sun blinded me before I put my hand out to block it. As I tapped my fingers against my knees, I heard the automatic doors open and a familiar voice.

"Delilah?" The nurse speaks sternly. "Is someone on their way to pick you up?"

I thought about it for a second. I really have no clue.

"Yeah, um..." Think Delilah think! "They're just having a little but of... car trouble." I lie.

"Oh. Okay. Be safe." She adds before walking back inside and continuing her job.

I sighed deeply as I thought of the worst possible scenarios.

They couldn't have forgotten me, right?

Thoughts poured into my head as minutes passed. Soon those minutes turned into hours.

My eyes drooped with boredom and sleepiness when I saw that the sun was setting.

Within minutes, the world was dark and the only thing lighting it was the flashes of ambulances and the street lights.

I got up and stretched my legs before feeling brave enough to start walking.

The condos were a good 10 miles away but if I walked fast, I could get there in about 3 hours.

I didn't even make it past the first building before I collapsed into the grass in front of the hospital.

My weak body throbbing with pain and worry.

All I wanted was Austin. I wanted his warm body pressed up against mine while his strong arms held me close to him. I missed him. So, so much. I just wish he knew that.

I saw headlights nearing me and with me being overly dramatic at times, I thought I was going to die.

Then when the lights dimmed and a door opened next to me, I squinted to see what it was.

"Get in." I hear.

I look up and notice the nurse in her car looking down at me.

"Delilah, get in the damn car!" She says, but this time a little louder.

I have to admit, she's really intimidating.

I try my hardest to shove myself to my feet then stumble into the passenger seat.

"I thought you said someone was coming for you." She says while I shut my door.

I nod then she presses hard against the pedal, sending us on our way.

"I guess they forgot." I mumble.

"Where do you live?" She asks.

I tell her the address of the condos and within minutes, we're there.

"Thanks for the ride. I really appreciate it." I whisper.

"You're welcome. Have a good night."

I get out of the black ford excursion and try my best to hurry on up to the condos. The only light being shown is from the moon.