Chapter 39: Mistake

❤Delilah’s Point of View❤

When we had finally arrived at the condo, I was really tired. All I had wanted to do was sleep.

I ran up to my room and threw myself onto my bed with all my might.

Damn. Where did all this random sleepiness come from anyways?

I brush the question away from my thoughts when I hear a light knock come from the other side of my bedroom door.

I yell at whoever it is to come in.

“Hey. Lilah?” asks the angelic voice that I have grown more than fond of.

A wide smile spreads across my face as I sit up and look at my beautiful boyfriend.

His eyes are just the perfect color. His cute little nose is the perfect shape. His lips are just the right shade of pink. His hair is gorgeously curled in the perfect amount that sometimes it doesn’t even look curled. The way his—

“Babe? Are you even listening to me?” he asks.

Oh. He was talking? Oops.

“Um… no.” I admit.

“Oh. Well all I said was that I’m gonna take a quick shower.”

“Oh okay. I’m probably just going to hit the sheets anyways. I’m really tired.” I say with a small yawn.

“Alright.” He replies with a smile.

He kisses my cheek then turns around to walk out the room, leaving me all alone.

I sign deeply before dragging myself up out of my bed and over to my dresser. I grab my favorite fuzzy hot pink pajamas and quickly change into them.

I was more than thrilled when the warmth of the PJs overwhelmed my body. I ran to my bed and did a weird somersault onto the mattress. I landed in the fetal position. So um… yeah. This is me when I’m tired.

But the funny thing is that it’s only noon.

I crash my head on my pillow. I gently close my eyes and clear my head, awaiting deep beauty sleep.

I was almost fully in the land of sleep when my phone started ringing. Loud. I groaned before pushing my pillow on top of my head.

I’ll just let it go to voicemail, I think to myself.

I was soon relieved when it finally stopped ringing but soon annoyed when it rang again.

Ugh. Maybe I should answer it.

When I grabbed my iPhone, I was completely shocked when I read the name on the caller ID.