Chapter 12: Angel

Austin slowly but gently enters his long, erect member into me. My heart starts racing. I feel as if it is beating a thousand times a minute.

His tip lingers in me. He gives me an uncertain look.

I seem to stare off into space. I just let time take over.

“Babe?” Austin asks worriedly. I feel him pull out of me. “Did you hear me?”

“Huh?” I asked.

“I asked if you were okay. You kind of just stared into space.”

“Oh I’m sorry Austin.”

“You’re apologizing? Delilah, we don’t have to do this if you don’t want to. I don’t want you to feel pressured.”

“No it’s fine. I’m fine. Were fine. Let’s just…”

“Delilah.” He interjects. “Are you okay?”

When those three words come out of his mouth, I find myself realizing the truth. I am not okay. In fact, I am everything but okay.

I feel tears escaping my now swollen eyes.

I begin sobbing. I hate crying. It just wears me out even more. As if I haven’t lost all my energy lately anyways.

I feel Austin’s warm arms embrace me in a loving hug.

I bury my face in his neck while he holds me. Our chests pressed together while I sit in his lap. Austin strokes my hair as he rocks me back and forth, soothing me.

As my tears run down my cheeks, they land on Austin’s shoulders.

When what seems like forever passes, my sobbing stops.

I slowly pull away from Austin’s grasp and notice he has tears streaming down his face. I feel my heart shatter.

With shaking hands, I place my hand on his cheek and stare into his eyes. He puts his hand on top of mine.

“I’m sorry.” He whispers.

I slowly close my eyes. Without opening them, I whisper something to him. “I love you.”

I slowly open them again. Austin is smiling ear to ear. He ever so slightly pulls e down with him as he lies on the bed. He wraps his arms securely around me as if to say that I am safe. No one is going to hurt me.

I feel the heat radiating off of Austin’s naked body beside mine. As my eyes start to close once more I can’t help but think, how did I get so broken?

Few hours have passed since I let sleep take over. I keep having those dreams again.

Once I fumble out of Austin’s tight grasp on me, I pull on his shirt and boxers. I make my way to the balcony.

Once outside, I sit on the ledge and dangle my feet over the sides. I stare off into the ocean. I see birds flying so high into the night sky. I wonder what it feels like. To be free. To not have to worry about life. All you know is how to live it. They must be so happy.

I find myself thinking more than I usually do. I start thinking about Austin. He is fixing to release a new single. I’m pretty sure it’s called Say Your Just a Friend but I could be wrong. Gosh. I’m such a bad girlfriend. I’m so caught up on my own selfishness that I can’t even remember my boyfriend’s single.

I try to sing it in my head.

Hey hey baby you’ve been on my mind. I knew you for a long time. I’ve been thinking baby that you should know. Oh oh oh. Hey hey baby can we compromise. I really want you to be mine. I’ve got a million places that we could go. Oh oh oh. I wanna be your everything. I wanna be the one you need. So tell me where you been all my life gonna make you mine tonight. Hey baby you, you got what I need. But you say you’re just a friend, yeah you say you’re just a friend. Oh baby you, you got what I need. But you say you’re just a friend, yeah you say you’re just a friend.”

When I hear loud clapping, I jump and turn around.

Once again I see Austin standing there wearing sweats with tears after tears rolling down his face.

He runs over to me, picks me up, and spins me around.

“I never knew you could do that. That was just… oh my god Delilah. That was absolutely beautiful. I’m speechless.”

What is he talking about? Oh. My. God. Did I seriously just sing that? Out loud? Wow. Oh no.

“Austin? Baby, why are you crying?” I ask, wiping the tears away from his cheeks.

“Because you’re singing my song. Probably better than me I should add.”

“What? No.” I say blushing.

“Babe. You have no idea.”

“Austin, I can’t sing.”

“Yes you can! Do it again!”

“No!”

“Yes!”

“No!”

“Yes!”

“No!”

Austin crashes his lips to mine. As our lips start moving perfectly in sync, he pulls away. I begin to pout.

“If you sing for me, there’s more where that came from.” Austin smirks.

“Austin, I will not sing. I sound like a dying whale on birth control with a bottle of Wine stuck in her throat.”

“What?” Austin says while laughing.

“I honestly don’t know. It’s 3 in the morning, okay? We don’t judge at 3 in the morning.”

“No but we do force our girlfriends to sing for us!” Austin says. At that moment, he picks me up bridal style and carries me back into the suite. He sets me down on the bed. Then he walks over to the corner of the room and grabs his guitar.

“Will you sing if I sing with you?” he asks.

He looks really excited. I don’t want to let him down so I nod yes.

He sits next to me and props his guitar up in playing position. He begins tuning it to the proper sounds.

I feel my heart jump out of my chest when he begins playing.

He begins singing the first few lines. I gradually start singing along with him.

We hit every note perfectly with no difficulty at all. The passion in our voices says it all.

We end up singing the whole song. Once we finish the last note, Austin’s eyes get real wide.

“What?” I ask with a small smile.

“I never knew you had that in you?”

“Am I really that good?”

“Babe. You sound like an angel!” Austin exclaims.

This is amazing. He is amazing. We are amazing.

All throughout the night, Austin plays while we sing our hearts out. We sing things that not only have special meaning to us, but also bond us even more.

When the sun rises, I yawn. Austin stops playing and pulls back the covers.

“Let’s go to bed babe!”

I agree and climb in next to him.

As our breathing becomes heavy, I can faintly hear him say the 3 simple words that make my heart ache. “I love you.”

A/N:  So??? Comment what you think! Is Delilah being able to sing, a good thing or bad thing? COMMENT PLEASEE!! xD