Chapter 37: Missed

"A-Austin?" I stutter. 

"Hey." He says in a nervous tone. 

"W-what is all of this?" I demand 

"This? This is what I call trying." 

I was a little confused at first but then I got what he was saying. 

I turned around and began walking out when he ran in front of me and closed the door. 

"Lilah please! All I'm asking for is a chance. One chance. Please? If all this goes good please take me back!" He pleads. 

"Fine austin but if something happens I swear to god..." My voice trailed off. 

He smiles sheepishly before grabbing my hand. 

He leads me to a back room and I gasp when I realize what's fixing to happen. 

In the room, the aquarium walls are over my head and I see fish and sharks all around me. 

The lighting is dim but just enough to see that there is a table set for two in the middle of the room. 

Austin walks over and pulls out my seat for me. 

I sit down then he scoots it in before siting down himself. 

There was an awkward silence. 

"So how are you?" He asks. 

"Not to good." I admit. 

"Awe why?" 

"Because the boy I'm in love with cheated on me with not one girl but two." 

Austin's facial expression changes to guilt. He doesn't speak he just looks down at his hands. 

"I put your door back up for you." He says. 

"Really? That was you?"  

"Yeah... Here I bought you these." He says and out of no where pulls out a bouquet of yellow roses.  

"Aww thanks ba-Austin!" I say shocking myself. I almost called him babe. 

"You're welcome." 

Gosh why is this so awkward?! 

Pretty soon, music plays. It's 'Bless the broken road' by Rascal Flatts. Hmm. 

"Wanna dance?" I blurt out. Oh my god Delilah why did you say that why- 

"Sure." Austin says, interrupting my thoughts.  

We stand up and he takes my right hand in his left. 

I place my left on his shoulder while his right goes to my waist. 

"Do you even know how to dance like this?" I ask with a giggle. 

"Not really... Lets switch."  

We start laughing while I wrap my arms around his neck and he wraps his back around my waist. 

He pulls me close. A little closer than 'just friends' should even be. Oh well. 

We begin rocking back and forth to the beat. 

He just keeps staring at me.  

"What?" I ask. 

"Nothing. You're just too beautiful." 

Why is he making this so difficult?! Oh my gosh! 

I tried my hardest to not look into his eyes but finally I caved in.