Part 21 I Don't Like Surprises

Start from the beginning

'I thought so. For an overly protective Alpha you sure do love to keep your front door unlocked. You should really rethink that, especially when you're at work. Shouldn't I have a key or something by now?' I had enough time to finish that sentence before I found myself slung over his back and being carried up the stairs. An involuntary squeal left my mouth at my sudden vulnerability.

'While you may have a point,' he said obviously trying not to admit his wrongs, 'Until people are notified of that change, you will wear appropriate clothing in our house.'

'A simple message through our mind-link would suffice, I don't see why I can't just finish making breakfast.'

I'm sure I was pouting at this point while I hung upside down across his back. He simply put me down and made his way right back out the room to where i'm assuming was the kitchen to take over my cooking.

*Sigh*

..........................................

Breakfast was fun while it lasted. By that I mean, Xavier's parents decided to ruin my appetite by showing their faces in the middle of our meal.

Why me God? Is this some kind of bad karma?

'Richie! Rosie! What brings you here?' I asked cheerily trying to mask the annoyance I was honestly feeling.

'Cute. She never fails to make my day.' Richard mumbled under his breath only to find himself being elbowed by Rose. To my surprised he cleared his throat and mumbled an apology I'm assuming was directed to me.

'We're not here to cause any further trouble.' Rose sounded almost diplomatic as she seated herself at the table gesturing for Richard to do the same.

'Ohhh kay then?'

'Why are you here then?' Xavier didn't even look from his plate when he spoke. I could tell he wasn't really interested in their presence.

'About your marriage.'

'Oh joy here we go' I sighed deeply standing to my feet. I don't want to hear this. I'm sick of this shit.

'Luna.' my eyes snapped to a more childish version of the Richard I've come to know and love who sat very uneasy in his chair. He ran his hand through his hair like Xavier oh so often did when he was nervous and sat twiddling his thumbs.

The shock registered on my face causing him to speak up again. 'Please stay. This concerns you too.'

I looked over at Xavier for what my mind told me afterwards was an some kind of explanation but he looked just as thrown as I was.

'What's this about dad?'

'We've come to make amends. W-we should never have acted the way we did towards our Luna. However, some things cannot be taken back.'

'We're afraid we signed a contract about your marriage to Scalava and it simply cannot be broken.' Rose interjected.

'D-did y-you just call me Luna?' the shock resounded in my voice corresponding with both mine and Xavier's faces.

'Yes Luna.' Both stood to their feet and walked over to where I stood bowed their entire bodies to the floor.

'W-what are you doing?' This is getting weirder by the minute. What the heck is going now? In Korea this is the largest sign of respect when greeting ANYONE of grave importance. But Xavier's parents doing it looked like a sign of defeat... I half expected Aston Kutcher to bend the corner yelling, 'You've just been Punk'd!' followed by his camera crew.

'According to our traditions. They are yours to do with as you please for the next 24 hours.' Xavier spoke nonchalantly before stuffing his face with more food. What?!

'Do with as I please? What does that even mean?'

'New pets.' He smiled at me, mouth full of pancakes.

'Please stand up. You're Xavier's parents I can't do that.'

'You have to. At least one thing. Traditions are traditions Luna.' Rose looked up at me. She looked quite pathetic as did her husband. The wolf in me was loving this but my human side just couldn't. As much as I hated what they were doing and the way they treated me, they were still Xavier's parents. There were once the Luna and Alpha of this pack. They are my new family.

'Fine.' I said after a few minutes of silence. 'Since it's a Sunday I usually do our laundry. I'll do the breakfast dishes but your duty is to fulfill the rest. Keep in mind you're to stay away from the office and our bedrooms. Deal?' 

'Yes Luna.' They both bowed to me again and stood to they're feet.

'How humiliating.'

...............................................

Xavier POV                                                                   

'Xav where are we going?' It felt like she was asking for the hundredth time. Is this what Cole meant by the nagging?

'Shut up already' I replied in a joking tone. 'Can't I surprise my lady?'

'I don't like surprises. Perfect start by the way, telling me to shut up.' She folded her arms across her seat belt exaggerating a huffing sound.

'I also don't like rain but it's an essential part of human life.'

'Bite me.'

'I'd be glad too baby' I responded licking my lips at her.

She pulled a disgusted face at me once i'm sure she heard the thoughts rolling around in my head. I'm a red blooded male, what can a Alpha do? Shrugging I observed her expression and the 'Eeeewwww' that followed.

'You need to get used to these thoughts of mine, they'll be more than just thoughts soon enough.'

'Filth. Pure and utter filth. Sxx means babies, babies mean pain. I won't be giving birth to anything. I'm definitely allergic to pain.'

I had to laugh at just how immature she sounded. She jumps right to the 'worst' part and forgets all the good.

'It's not funny, I don't want to push anything out of down there. That's not what it was made for.'

'Lexi I think that's exactly what it's made for. That and for giving me great pleasure.' I winked at her disgusted expression.

'No babies.'

'I don't plan on giving you any just yet. You can't get pregnant unless we do it on a full moon anyway.'

'Really??' she tilted her head to side sounded more curious than ever. I responded with a simple nod my eyes glued to the road before us. I must have forgotten to tell her that part.

..............................

We sat in silence again listening to the radio as I drove along.

'What are we gonna do about Scalava?'

I was able to rummage through her thoughts briefly during the drive so I knew she was thinking about it. There's nothing to think about though. It's fine. Everything's fine.

'Don't worry I'll take care of it soon.' I had already figured out a way to get it out of the way but there was a catch. I didn't want to tell her in case she felt pressured into anything again so I left my response at that.

'How?'

'Like I said, don't worry.'

'How?' she repeated as if I hadn't spoken at all.

'The elders will take care of it.' she was about to respond again but the look I gave her told her to leave it alone. She closed her mouth as quickly as she had opened it and relaxed back into her seat.

'You big meanie. I don't like when you look at me like that. I reminds me of when you used to...'

'Used to what?'

'When you used to chew bricks for breakfast.' she crossed her arms and stuck out her bottom lip. She looked like a child that had just been told they can't have anymore ice cream.

...................................................................................