Part 20

So sorry for the super late upload. I asked for 5 votes on that last chapter and got 18. Wattpad glitched on my ipad and told me my updated uploaded and it didn't. Be expecting two uploads in one week! Sorry for the wait!

I arrived safe and sound. I listened carefully, but could only hear my own heavy breathing. Taking a breath I let myself be covered again, like a thin veil covering a bride's face my human form washed over me.

"Thank goodness I'm finally out of that wet dog smelling of a kingdom," I struggled to laugh at my own joke, but the tears came of their own accord.

It hurt. A piercing pain, all over. My mind, my limbs, my heart. It all hurt, something I've never experienced before. The pain was gone as quickly as it came. Sharp pain ran up and down my arms and legs, and suddenly dulled. Like pins that had suddenly been filed down.

I became aware of my surroundings again. The warm red walls, within the human apartment were comforting. Cowen's scent filled the air, I breathed in deep. He was probably still at the palace. Safe, I hope.

"Cowen," I whispered calling to him mentally.

I sighed after waiting and realizing I would get no reply. Should I call to Crystal? No, bad bad idea.

I walked into the small kitchen, and with a snap of my fingers the stove lit. Humming to myself I began to go through Cowen's cabinets. All I could find were eggs, shelves and shelves of eggs.

"Why eggs? Ugh Cowen you are such a weird-o", I muttered to myself cracking an egg and letting it fall onto the sizzling pan.

There was a loud bang, not seconds later. I stayed silent, still listening. Either someone was intruding or there was some sort of a commotion outside. There it was a soft breathing coming from the door. Lowering the dial on the stove I walked towards the door. Standing tall to make myself more intimidating. Although at my "5'2" I doubt I'm considered the most intimidating person.

Staying alert, and creeping towards the door, I was shocked when I saw

... To be continued ...