Chapter 11 Saving a Life, Killing Another

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

"As you wish, princess." Virgo nods her head and dives to the floor. Her body spinning in a circle as she drills into the floor. Lucy waits impatiently as she hears Virgo go deeper and deeper down. Then the noise stops and Virgo teleports beside Lucy. "All done, princess."

"Great! Help me move this!" Lucy tells the maid and they grab the sides of the bomb. "At the count of three, we drop it in."

"Three..." Virgo starts the countdown.

"Two..." Lucy follows in.

"One!" they say together and they drop the bomb into the hole. The gas tanks attached to the bomb still and it falls in with it. Lucy then uses her shadow magic to scoop up dirt from inside the hole, doing it nonstop until she can see dirt surfacing in the dark hole.

"Allow me to help, princess." Virgo asked as she drills the dirt inside the office down the hole. They refilled the hole and Lucy pats it down with her feet.

"We did it!' Lucy cheered but stops as the bomb seemed to have blown and she feels a bit of shaking under her feet.

"Now we did it." Virgo tells her master and Lucy smiles.

"You did fine work." Lucy tells her celestial spirit returning her back to the spirit world. She looks toward the photo of Lucifer and gave off a worried face. "Please be alright..."

"He won't." she gasped as she heard a voice behind her. But before she can turn around, she feels something hit her head and she knocked out.

//Lucifer POV//

"AHHH!" kids were screaming as Lucifer arrived at the foster home. He ignores the cries out the children and searches the rooms. But all this was causing was memories of the foster home. He walks the halls he used to walk in...and ends up at the room he stayed out before leaving town...his bed...the bed he used to sleep in was still there and the carve drawings he made was still there. Carving of him, his mother and a figure with a question mark...his father, whoever he was.

Tick...Tick...

Lucifer turns around to see the bomb...around it was a shrine. Pictures of a little girl with blonde hair gave him a set back as he grabs his head as he remembers her.

"...Please...I don't want to die..." a sweet voice rang in his head but shakes that out his mind.

"I'm sorry..." Lucifer apologized as he looks at the shrine; he grabs the picture and puts it in his pocket. He crouches down at the bomb and looks at the wires.

What's good about a bomb? Lucifer thought as he grabs the wires.

"Is that they don't explode..." Lucifer closes his eyes and yanks all the wires out. He waits for the bomb to not hopefully go off but...it didn't explode and he sighs in relief.

Good...just one more and I have 20 minutes to go...Lucifer thought as he runs out the room and straight towards the hospital.

---At the Hospital---

Lucifer kept thinking where the bomb was and if Lucy succeed and was safe. But all thoughts were pulled away when he heard screaming on the roof of the five story building.

"Lucifer!" he heard Lucy's voice.

"Lucy!" he shouted as he used shadow whip to zip to the top. He jumps up the gate and sees Edward holding Lucy hostage, tied to the bomb behind him.

"Careful! He has a remote!" Lucy shouted. Edward was smirking as he throws the detonator around in his hands.

"I have a game...Lucifer..." Edward smirks. "Yeah, I know who you are-"

"What are you playing at, Edward?" Lucifer shouted as he removes his mask.

"Nothing much...see the timer?" Edward nods his head towards the bomb tied to Lucy. "This heart monitor on my chest is keeping the bomb going until a countdown to shut off...the remote detonates the bomb...if you beat me...and the bomb's timer hits zero, it won't explode but...I press the button on this detonator...KABOOM!"

"Bastard!" Lucifer shouted as he shadow blasts the remote out of Edward's hand and he tackles him away from the remote. They roll around the floor, punching each other and Lucifer's face is stained with his blood pouring down his nose. He yanks Edward off him and rams him into the door and through the side of the concrete of the door.

"Lucifer!" Lucy shouted. "Keep him busy a little longer! The timer is almost down!"

30

Lucifer sees Edward dive towards the detonator.

"No!" he shouted as he jumps on him. Getting him down on a choke hold. But it wasn't working well as Edward was a feet away from touching the detonator.

"You lose, brat." Edward weakly chuckled.

"Kill them..." Lucifer starts to remember the man...his voice...demanding for Lucifer to kill...

"No..." Lucifer whispered as he pulls harder on Edward's throat, attempting to drag him back away from the remote but it wasn't working. Edward's fingers were just inches away from the bomb.

15

"Lucifer! Don't let go!" Lucy shouted as she tries to untie herself. "The people inside...we can't fail them..."

"Damn it!" Lucifer shouted as he pulls harder but Edward's steel skin was breaking. But he wasn't falling unconscious. His fingers were just about to hit the button on the remote-

5

"KILL HIM!"

"AHHHH!" Lucifer finally yells at the top of his lungs as he twists Edward's head...snapping his neck and killing him instantly. His fingers were away from the button as he falls dead. Lucifer slowly stood up, his eyes looking at his hands, in which were now covered with the blood of a victim he had killed.

3

He falls to his knees...

2

He looks at the body of Edward...his eyes still wide open and Lucifer's hands were shaking for what he has done...

1

"RRAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!" Lucifer shouted at the top of his lungs with tears in his eyes.

//Lucy POV//

Lucy was in shock...the lives of everyone inside the building were safe now. But she had witnessed Lucifer kill the man who would have been responsible of many lives lost. He was stopped but now Lucifer has to live with his hands covered with the blood of the man he murdered. She finally was able to untie herself and the bomb has stopped. Just like Edward said.

She slowly walks towards Lucifer who was on his knees, crying. He had seemed to have lost the fight he had fought for his whole life...the branded name of a murderer.

"Lucifer..."she whispered to him. She slowly grabs his head to make him look at her. Then she pulls him towards her...letting him hug her waist and bury his face on her stomach as he cries. She slowly rubs his head to comfort him. "It's ok...everything will be ok...it's ok now, Lucifer..."

t(