Prom Night

Chapter 25

"Why aren't you ready for prom?" Rachel asked upset when she walked through my bedroom door.

She was dressed in a slim, blue dazzled dress that went down to the floor while I was in sweats and a crop top. I was so not prom ready.

"I'm not going," I stated, shoving a couple of Cheetos in my mouth.

Rachel stomped over to me in her heels and took the bag of Cheetos away for me. "You can't be serious. It's senior prom!"

"Well, I am." I said taking the bag back.

"Mallory," Rachel whined.

"I don't want to. It's not like I never went to prom anyway. I went last year!"

"But it won't be the same without you."

"Rachel, you and Ryan will have fun. You don't need me. Let me know how it was later." I smiled at her.

Rachel sighed knowing she wasn't going to be able to change my mind. She smiled and bent down to give me a hug. "Have fun at home loser."

I giggled, "Be safe." I said as she walked out the door.

"Okay, mom!" She called out.

I laughed and turned my attention back to my laptop. This was going to be a very eventful night I could just tell. I ended scrolling through tumblr for hours while watching re-runs of Americas Next Top Model. The girl I wanted to win didn't win. I walked downstairs to drown my disappointment in lemonade. As I went to pour some in my glass, I heard the doorbell ring. I let out an exaggerated sigh and went to answer it.

"Hi?" I said when I opened the door.

Zayn grinned at me, "Hey."

"What are you doing here?" I questioned.

"I should be asking you the same thing."

My eyebrows furrowed together.

"Prom?"

"And how did you know that?"

"Mikayla."

I rolled my eyes, "You know for people who hate each other you two talk quite a lot."

"She wanted to me to come over to see if you were doing okay."

So since my sister left for New York this morning, she thinks I need a babysitter. Honestly, I wasn't totally upset about Zayn being here but it also made me nervous. I really didn't know where our relationship was at the moment. One kiss we had the other night wasn't going to define our relationship. I knew we were going to have to talk about it some time.

I leaned against the door frame, "Well, I'm fine."

Zayn chuckled quietly, "I can see that."

A silence fell between us. I nervously chewed at my lip and I looked down at my feet. I thought about what Rachel and Ryan were doing at prom. Probably dancing their hearts out. If I went with them, I wouldn't be in this position right now.

"Can I come in? To talk." He asked.

Guess we were having this talk sooner than I thought. "Sure." I moved out of the way to let him step in. I shut the door and started moving towards the kitchen. Zayn followed behind me. I put the lemonade back in the fridge and went for something stronger instead. I decided to now drown my anxiety in alcohol. I took a cool beer on my hands and twisted the cap off.

"Aren't you a little young for alcohol?" Zany joked before I took a sip.

I gave him a smirk and took a sip, "You want one?"