Designated Driver

Hey guys! Sorry it may take a while uploading these. I'm just trying to write a lot of chapters before I go on and upload them all. I'm trying to post one once a week.

I'm working on a new short story which I'm excited about! I'll let you know when I'm close to putting it up. Also if you haven't I would love if you read my Small Bump short story. I'm really proud of it and I'd appreciate it a lot if you'd read it(:

Anyway enjoy the chapter! I hope you like it. Remember to vote and/or comment. I appreciate each one!

________

Chapter Four

I pulled the keys out of the ignition and stepped out the car.

"Your chauffeur has arrived," I said in a posh accent.

"Thank God," Zayn mumbled, running a hand through his dark hair stressfully, "Will you help me with your sister. She's not a nice drunk."

"Zayn!" Mikayla screamed behind us.

We both jumped in surprise and Zayn twisted his hips to look at her. She was sitting on the pavement. Her hair was a mess and she looked terrible.

"What Mickey?" He said annoyed.

"Don't call me Mickey! I h-hate that!" She stuttered.

Zayn rolled his eyes and looked at me, "Please help." His eyes were tired and begging me to help get Mikayla in the car.

I nodded and we both walked over to the drunken girl. We lifted her and she wrapped an arm around each of our shoulders. We slowly walked her to the car.

"I want to go home!" She grumbled.

"We are going home. Calm down." I said to her.

We laid her in the backseat. Zayn sat in the passenger seat and I drove. The car was silent for the first few minutes. Mikayla had fallen asleep in the back and I'm thankful for that. I've seen her drunk before, she was annoying. I wouldn't be able to drive if she was back there just babbling on and on.

"Thank you for getting us," Zayn said quietly after ten minutes of silence.

I gripped onto the steering wheel tighter. I honestly wasn't in the mood to talk especially since I just had to drive forty-five minutes to get him, "If my mom finds out Mikayla's dead you know. Maybe even you."

"Yeah, I thought so," Zayn said, "I'm sorry."

Another moment of silence fell between us, "So pretty boy, why can't you drive?" I asked curiously.

"I guess I just never got around to it. I started X-Factor pretty young and I never had time since it's all happened."

"So you have to have people drive you everywhere?" I asked.

"Well, people drive us everywhere anyway. But if I'm on my own I'm usually with a friend that can drive," He shrugged.

"So because your famous you get to be driven everywhere. Why not do yourself a favor and get your license."

"First, I don't get driven around just because I'm famous. Second, it's not that easy. I'm busy constantly. I barely get a break."

"But when you do get a break you get my sister drunk and leave me with no choice to be your guys' designated driver" I snapped.

Zayn shut his mouth and it stayed shut for a couple of moments, "I'm sorry. I didn't know who else to call."

I shook my head and turned on my radio. I tapped the CD button and Ed Sheeran began playing through the speakers. His voice seemed to calm me whenever I was upset. Talking to Zayn at that moment made me frustrated and just angry. I didn't know anyone could have that effect on me. But as Ed's soothing voice sang to me it slowly made me feel better.

"I'm friends with Ed, you know," Zayn spoke up.

"Is that suppose to cheer me up?" I kept my eyes on the road.

"Why don't you like me?" He finally snapped and his voice harsh. I could tell he was done with all the shit I was giving him. He deserved it though. I always think back of what he did and it makes me madder than before.

"Are you not used to people disliking you? Oh, I'm sorry sweetheart. Not everyone is obsessed with you. You should know that by now," I said in a sweet sarcastic tone.

"God, what did I ever do to you? I just fucking met you! And you hate me! I don't get it!" He yelled at me.

"You didn't do anything to me!" I shouted back. I realized that I was speeding a little bit out of this anger. I slowed down, watching my speedometer.

"Then why don't you like me?" His voice was softer this time.

I waited a moment before I replied, "It doesn't matter. It already happened and you can't make up for it."

"Then maybe you should get over it and be a little nicer."

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, sure pretty boy."

We both knew I wasn't serious. The rest of the car ride was silent. It wasn't awkward since neither of us wanted to talk anymore. After a half hour of silence, we pulled up to the house. I once again helped Zayn with drunk Mikayla. We took her to her bedroom and laid her down. Zayn tucked her underneath her covers and kissed her forehead.

I crossed my arms over my chest, "You're lucky my mom is working tonight."

Zayn had the tiniest smile on his face, "Yeah, I know." Another moment of silence, "Well, I'm gonna be heading off the bed. If you'll excuse me," He slid past me and went into the bathroom.

I walked back downstairs and through the living room. I noticed two lumps underneath the blanket on the couch. I looked at it confused and pulled the covers off. Ryan and and Rachel were laying there cuddled up with one another

I shook them both awake, "What are you guys still doing here?"

They both woke up immediately, "What time is it?" Ryan asked sleepily.

"It's a little bit past midnight. I thought you guys would have left already."

"We fell asleep." Rachel said stating the obvious.

"Well, I know that. But you guys better scadaddle. Zayn sleeps on the couch."

"Can I just sleep over? I'm in no mood to drive," Rachel yawned, stretching her arms.

"Fine, but you Mr. You gotta go. You know how my mom feels about guys sleeping over." I pointed a finger at Ryan.

"Then why does Zayn get to sleep over?" He grumbled.

"Cause he's got no place to go. You live right next door. Now, leave." I smiled at him.

He chuckled, "You're a great hostess," He stood and slipped on his shoes, "I'll see you ladies, later," He waved his hand as if he was talking to a captain of a ship.

We both giggled, "Bye Ryan!"

Ryan smiled and left, closing the door behind him.

"Who was that?" I heard Zayn's voice ask as he walked down the stairs, shirtless.

Rachel was already staring.

"Just a friend," I said vaguely.

He nodded, "And who's this?" He asked pointing to Rachel. She looked like one of those cartoon characters that was just staring off into space and drooled as they dreamed.

"My friend Rachel," I simply said.

"Oh, well nice to meet you Rachel," Zayn smiled at her.

"Uh, nice to meet you too," She muttered out.

"Well, we're going to bed. Night!" I said in a rushed tone. I grabbed Rachel's wrist and pulled her upstairs.

"How can you hate that?" She whisper shouted on our way up.

"There's a few reasons," I replied.

"Well, if he and Mikayla ever break up be sure to let me know because he's fine."

I giggled, "Sure, Rachel, sure."