Coming Home

Hey guys! I finally finally updated! Woohoo! I'm really so sorry it had taken so long. I've just been so busy and I'm going to try my hardest to get these out to you but please just be patient if it takes me awhile. But I do hope you guys like the chapter. I'll update when I can. Please remember to vote and/or comment and let me know what you think.

I also inlcuded a Zayn gif cause it was adorable and I loved it.

Thanks guys!

Emma<3

____________________________

Chapter 20

My heart was racing. My palms were sweating. My feet felt as if they were numb. I felt like I was going to faint at any moment. I wanted to run in the other direction. I stood on the front stoop of my house. On the other side of the door was my sister; my sister that I hadn't seen in about two months because she was in rehab. I was afraid of what she would say, how she would react when Zayn broke up with her. How she would react when he told her that I was his girlfriend.

"Are you ready?" Zayn’s voice snapped me out of my fearful thoughts.

I just nodded, which was a lie. I wasn't ready for it at all. Zayn turned the knob of my front door and motioned for me to step inside first. I took a breath and stepped inside. The house smelled of apples. My eyes roamed the living room seeing a candle lit labeled "Fresh Picked Apples". My mother's candle obsession had returned. Zayn followed me, closing the door behind us. I walked into the kitchen to find my mom in the middle of cutting up carrots.

"Hey, mom," I said quietly, giving her a weak wave.

Her head whipped in the direction of my voice, "Mallory!" A smile appeared of her face. She wiped her hands on a cloth before pulling me into her arms for a hug. She smelled of vanilla, a scent I never realized that I missed.

"I've missed you," She said as I pulled away from the hug.

"I missed you too," I chocked out.

Her eyes traveled to Zayn, "And it's very nice to see you, Zayn." She gave him a smile.

"You too, Mrs. Davis." Zayn replied.

"I'm guessing you two are here to see Mikayla, huh?" My mom said.

Both of us nodded without saying a word.

"She's up in her room," She pointed towards the stairs, "She's a lot better. She even looks better. She's really excited about see you two." She smiled at us as her eyes looked back and forth between us. "Go ahead. Go see her." She encouraged us.

Zayn and I nervously looked at each other. I decided to lead the way and slowly trotted up the steps. My eyes stayed fixed on the door. I took a moment to calm myself befitting stepping inside. Mikayla's head immediately looked up at the sound of the door opening. "Oh my god. Mallory!" She shouted in shock.

She shot up from her bed and threw her arms around me. It was a moment before I returned the gesture. I held onto to her right, realizing how much I really missed my sister. I heard her quietly sobbing into my shoulder which caused me to get teary eyed. She pulled away and wiped away a few tears that escaped.

"I missed you so much," She said.

I quietly chuckled, "I missed you too, sis."

As I examined her face, my eyes went to her eyes. The bright blue was back in them. They were livelier and fresh. The bags under her eyes were nearly unnoticeable. Her jet black hair was as long as mine now. Her face was filled out, cheeks chubbier than before. My eyes quickly scanned the rest of the body. She had gained weight, which was good. She no longer looked like a twig. She was healthy. Just the way she should be.