Calling Zayn Out

Chapter 21

"I can't do this," I drew out a breath.

"Yes, you can," Rachel encouraged me. "Zayn hurt you. You have the right to hurt him back."

Rachel and Ryan knew everything. I had told them the morning after I knew. I had to talk to someone besides my sister about it. Unfortunately, Rachel said all the same things as Mikayla. Ryan said to do whatever I feel was right. He was never one to choose sides.

Mikayla woke me up this morning and demanded that I got ready and looked as hot as I could. I chose jeans and cardigan. I definitely could look "hotter" but I didn't care. Mikayla on the other hand was just dressed in extra skinny, skinny jeans with a classy shirt that was belted at the waist. She chose to wear along with it five inch heels. She claimed that the better we looked, the worse Zayn would feel about what he did to us. I didn't believe it.

"Come on, Mal. You and I both know we didn't deserve what Zayn did to us. We're going to talk to him." Mikayla argued.

I shushed her as her voice rose. We were standing at the end of the hallway in the hotel the boys were staying at. Zayn's room was just a couple doors down. She rolled her eyes at me and took a hold of my wrist. She began marching down the endless strip, dragging me with her. She stopped in front of the door, fixed her already flawless hair, and knocked. I looked back at Rachel; my eyes pleading for her to save me. She shook her head and pressed the button to call the elevator.

My attention turned back to the door when I heard it creak open. My heart stopped when Zayn's head peaked out.

"Hey guys," His voice was hesitant.

Mikayla didn't say anything. She just grasped my wrist and pushed her way past Zayn, barging into his room without his permission. Mikayla turned us around to face him. She let go of me and placed her hands on her hips.

"Come on in," Zayn said with a sarcastic tone.

"We need to talk to you," Mikayla stated.

Zayn looked between us, "Okay." He was hesitant once again.

Mikayla looked at, signaling for me to go first. I didn't want to go first. I didn't even want to do this at all. I let out a breath before speaking.

"Can I speak to Zayn alone," I said quietly.

Mikayla gave me a surprised look. Her whole plan was to have both of us pound Zayn at once. She wanted to watch as I called him out and she said some choice words. But I didn't want my sister there who was also dating him. I needed to this to be between Zayn and I. I motioned for Mikayla to step out. She let out a sigh but reluctantly left.

"What's going on, Mal?" Zayn took a step toward me and put my hand in his.

I slowly pulled away. "Why didn't you just tell me you were dating Mikayla, like a real relationship?"

All the emotion from his face dropped. I called him out. He wasn't prepared for that. He thought I would never find out. He thought he could just break up with Mikayla and act like nothing ever happened between them.

Zayn opened his mouth to say something but I stopped him, "Don't you dare lie to me again. What's about to come out of your mouth better be the truth."

He let out a breath, "I didn't tell you because I knew if you knew the truth there was no way in hell you'd say yes."

"Zayn! You can't just manipulate me like that! You should have told me the truth from the start. We could have waited. Well I could have but you obviously couldn't."