Finding Mikayla

Chapter Five

I woke up at nine with a note stuck to my arm. I peeled it off and read,

Sorry, Mal my mom called me at eight and wanted me to come home. Didn't want to wake you! You're too cute when you sleep! I'll text ya(:

I chuckled and set the note on my bedside table. I got of bed and quickly brushed my teeth and brushed my hair. I decided to make breakfast since I knew Mikayla would enjoy it. She always appreciates a nice breakfast after she wakes up with a raging hangover. I went into the kitchen and started on making the pancakes. Then the eggs. And then some sausage. As I was finishing up, I heard footsteps coming from the living room. I figured was it was Zayn.

"Morning," His grumbled sleepily.

"Morning," I said dully while I covered the plates of food with pan lids, "I made breakfast if you want some. I'm going to get Mikayla."

"Oh, awesome thanks," Zayn said with a smile and went to get a plate.

I trotted up the steps and went into Mikayla's room. I walked in and Mikayla was sitting there with a bong in her hand and a baggie of green stuff.

"What the hell," I said loudly, "Is that weed? Mikayla! What are you doing?"

"Mallory haven't you heard of knocking?" She said angrily.

I shut the door, hoping Zayn wouldn't come up, "What are you doing? Do you realize this could ruin your career?" She went to bring the bong up to her mouth again but I snatched from her hand.

"Hey!" She shouted, "I was using that!"

"Yeah, well not anymore!" I snapped back and took the bag of marijuana also.

"It helps with my hangovers!" She defended.

"You shouldn't even be drinking. You're eighteen for Christ's sake!"

"You're acting like mom!" She shouted like a child.

"If you'd act mature and your age maybe I wouldn't be so parental like! God dammit Mikayla. I can't believe you! What if any of this gets out to the press?"

"It would never cause no one knows!"

"I know! Does Zayn know?"

"Of course not! He'd kill me if he knew I did this." She said as if I was stupid and the answer was obvious.

"Then maybe you should stop!"

Mikayla let out a deep sigh, "I'll think about it."

"No! You're done with all this. I'm not letting you ruin your career. Now take a shower and come down for breakfast." I said sternly.

Mikayla rolled her eyes and went into the bathroom attached to her room. I sneaked downstairs and went into the garage throwing both into one of the garbage cans. I went back inside and went past the kitchen to go upstairs.

"Is Mikayla coming?" I heard Zayn's voice ask.

"Yeah, she's just showering!" I called back. I went up to my room and changed into different sweats and hoodie. I was planning on eating breakfast but eating it alone with Zayn didn't seem to great. I decided to go over to Ryan's to hang for a little bit. I went back downstairs and told Zayn I'd be out for a bit and walked next door. I opened the door since it was already unlocked. The Kennedy's treated me like family and acted like it was nothing when I just walked through the door.

"Ryan?" I shouted.

"Mallory?" Ryan shouted back confused.

"Yeah, it's me!" I started walking up the stairs since I knew his voice was coming from the bedroom.