The Truth Comes Out

So I decided to update early since I was so excited about this chapter! I really hope you guys like it! Also, I have a Harry Styles fanfic called Begin Again and it'd be really great if you checked it out and let me know what you thought.

Please remember to vote and/or comment. I appreciate them all. Thanks guys(:

-Emma

_____________________

Chapter Sixteen

"Hey Mikayla, how do you think this shirt would look on me?" Zayn asked as he held up a white polo to his chest.

He and I decided to go on a little shopping trip and multiple passerby's decided to join us, taking pictures and waving hello's. They tried to follow us discretely but failed miserably. Zayn and I ignored the attention and focused on our shopping.

I look over my shoulder and smiled, "I don't like polos."

He chuckled, "So I guess that's a no." I nodded in response. I brought my attention back to the clothing rack in front of me. I filed through clothing that I could never afford when I was Mallory. The whole time I was thinking of the other night. Zayn and I drove all around and it was fun. It was exciting. I felt free just driving around with him. I loved the feeling of the wind blowing through my air, as cheesy as that sounds. Whenever I looked over at him, the moonlight hit his face perfectly. His chiseled jawline came into a view and it was hard to pry my eyes away. He was grinning the whole time like a little kid. It was adorable. He was adorable. As I was falling for him more and more it became harder to push away my feelings. I had to though. I had to try.

I picked out a dress to try on and went to go tell Zayn. When I looked up I saw him staring off in the back of the store. My eyes followed his gaze and saw three girls looking through the racks. All if them were dressed fashionably with heels on their feet. Their tanned legs out for show and their hair falling perfectly over their shoulders. He smiled to himself and I heard the girls giggle behind me. Zayn gave them a tiny wave and they reluctantly returned it. I quickly diverted my eyes when I saw Zayn's moving towards me. I harshly set the dress back on the rack. I walked fast past Zayn.

"I want to go," I mumbled when I passed him.

He looked confused but followed anyway. We walked out of the store with me far ahead. Zayn jogged to catch up to me.

"Is something wrong?" He asked worried.

I didn't reply. I just continued to walk in the direction if his flat. I shouldn't be mad about this. I shouldn't care about him making googly eyes at other girls and them returning it. But I did. I did care because I wanted him making those eyes at me. It wasn't easy pushing away these feelings.

The whole walk to his flat Zayn kept asking what was wrong and why I wasn't talking to him. I remained silent. I didn't want to have this conversation yet. I didn't know what to say. I didn't want to tell him that I had a crush on him or that it made me mad when he looked at other girls that way. I could lie and say I was doing it all for Mikayla. I was trying to keep her boyfriend. But in reality, I was trying to keep him for myself. Which was wrong because it wasn't supposed to be like this.

We reached the complex and I marched up to the top floor. I waited as Zayn unlocked the door with his key and we stepped inside. I threw my purse on the leather couch.

"What the hell is up with you?" Zayn asked a little harshly.

"Nothing! Nothing is wrong!" I shouted back at him stressfully.

"Obviously it's something! You stormed out of the store and haven't said a word to me till we stepped foot in here!"

"I'm just upset okay!" I turned my back to him and rubbed my temples.