Big News & Big Agreements

Chapter Seven

Mondays suck. I honestly never have a good Monday. Something always comes by to ruin it and it's the worst. I'm just happy that I had to go to school and didn't have to spend my day with Zayn and Mikayla. Since we're pretty much all grounded, we're all stuck in the same place with nothing to do. Although Mikayla's been finding ways to sneak out and have a little too much of fun. I needed to get away from the couple. They've been fighting ever since it all. I can tell Zayn is worried about her and so am I. I don't want to see my sister throw her life away. She's got it too good.

I was only in 7th period and thinking of going through another forty-five minutes of class sounded dreadfully awful. Psychology wasn't something I was too fond of and I couldn't even pay attention. I just wanted to leave. I need someone to save from this hell hole. I dropped my head into the crook of my elbow and let out a sigh.

"Hello, um, sorry to burst in but I'm looking for Mallory Davis," Hearing the sound of my name made my head shoot up.

Multiple gasps rang out through the room along with little squeals. They were all starstruck by Zayn Malik standing in their 7th period Psychology class.

"Zayn, what are you doing here?" I asked sounding annoyed.

He looked in the direction of my voice and rushed over to me, "Your dad asked me to come get you. He says he needs both of us right now at his office." His voice was full of panic.

"Why?"

"I don't know. He just asked me to get you. He said now, too, so let's go."

"Zayn, I can't just leave class-"

"You're excused, Mallory," Mrs. Kane interrupted.

"Are you serious?" I said in shock.

"Yes, here you go," She said holding out a pass.

"Thank you," Zayn said to her and looked back at me, "Now, come on."

I got up, grabbing my books and my bag. I took the pass from Mrs. Kane.

As we were walking out I heard someone say, "Bet you she's sleeping with him."

Another girl shouted rudely, "Zayn, you should date me! Not that skank Mikayla!"

"Tracy!" Mrs. Kane scolded.

Zayn didn't react but I wanted to turn around and smack Tracy White. She had no right to say that especially since she's known as the school slut.

"Ignore it," Zayn said when he saw I was about to turn back.

I took his advice but decided to give her the finger as we walked out.

"So please explain to me what's going on?" I said, walking fast trying to keep up with him.

"I don't know. You're dad called said it was important and to bring you to his office right away."

"I'm sure it's nothing," I tried to calm him.

"I don't know," He mumbled.

We made a quick stop at my locker and then made our way outside. A taxi was pulled up on the curb. Zayn and I both slid in.

"Do you think it's about her drinking and stuff?" He asked nervously, rubbing his sweaty hands together.

"I don't know, Zayn. It can't be that bad though."

Zayn just nodded. The car ride was silent. We made it my dad's office and there was a crowd of paparazzi waiting outside.

"What are they doing here?" I muttered.