Thirty-one

I woke up, oh god. My whole body burns, I don't think the knife ever saw disinfectant in its life, just blood, lots of blood and god knows what else! When I get out of here alive, I am going to give Cole a nice earful, does he not know what Nick of time means? I have been here more than 20 hours and God, how these people make me want to throw up.

"You awake darling?" I met the crazy guy's gaze, well, such a bad judge of character I am, how come I never saw Andrew as the crazy guy! He seems normal, hell Mary Ann seemed normal, but I guess they aren't huh.

"I am not your darling Andrew" I snapped and then tried moving, they untied me and then changed my rope's position, it was lose, the rope was lose.

"You are now. I am going to go up and call judge Casanova's secretary, and then for his dear son's poor little girl friend they will have to let my father go" I decided to keep him talking.

"Yes, the idea was okay, but it's damn messy, wouldn't you say so? Cole and I are having sex together, we don't love each other, I don't think his father would let go criminal that important for a little girl" his expressions told, he hadn't thought about that, what an idiot.

"But you love him!" He yelled, moving knife around like a crazy person.

"I do, but it isn't my father, it's Cole's father you want to use, so me loving him is okay, your concern should have been him loving me" what a douche, he is computer smart, he is, plans everything little detail miraculously but street wise? The guy is a tool.

If it wasn't such a terrible situation I was stuck in, I would have loved to make some more fun of me, but I need to do something to make him let me go, not kill me, probably he wouldn't ever let me go because I know him and once he let me go, I'll tell everyone around him what his plan was and who he was.

"Aren't you terrified for yourself?"

"Why would I be? You are going to kill me anyways, I wouldn't want to die to an idiot cause if you ask me and thus I am explaining your faults to you"

"You bitch! You want to confuse me don't you? I saw him, I remember the look of terror on his face when he saw blood on road"

"What blood?" Cole, you better start using your brain faster or my dead body is what is going to welcome you, he was getting angry, the way his neck's muscles were pulling, and then vein in his forehead was drumming on the surface.

"Stupid cats blood, I killed the old bitch who lived in the apartment where you did, all were her cats, I wanted to move in but my stupid sister sold it to you, it was good thing, wouldn't you say?" He smiled.

"Sister? Maggie was your sister? You look younger than her"

"Yeah, dad hated the stupid bitch, but she knew our secrets and kept blackmailing dad to tell all about it to cops, I was about to kill her that night when your boyfriend started shooting around" such a chatter, I don't remember him speaking this much when we last met, at my dinner party.

"He didn't see you?"

"He couldn't, I was in different apartment, why ain't that bitch Mary ann here to keep an eye on you?" He asked I shrugged.

"You had it planned to T" I whispered, hoping I sounded as in awe and not in disgust. Mary Ann walked in the room, this room is stinky, with no window, just one door and one chair where they keep me tied, how will Cole ever walk in? Because he will, he promised to keep me safe and he will.

"Why are you late?"

"I am sorry, honey" she gave Andrew a sly smile, ew! She is double his age! She doesn't care, does she? I shuddered and moved my hand a bit.

"I'll be back in half an hour, I'll kill her then and run away"

"Why not before?"

"Because I want to kill her! She is mine to hurt! Mine! Mine!" God, Andrew sounded like a sullen kid who was being asked to share his candies. They kissed, I made a face, before walking away, Andrew gave Mary Ann the knife, isn't that great?

A plan formed in my head, if somehow I anger her enough, she will come to me, I can snatch knife from her then, and if she kills me, Andrew will kill her out of anger, my revenge after death would be over as well, I sat silent for a second.

"At the dinner party I thought there is something going on between you and Cole" I said matter of factly, I am going to kill Cole I swear.

"We had an affair, he loved my body! Did he tell you about that?" Hah! Right into the net!

"You are the whore then? Who asked him money? And kept begging him to sleep with him? Because that's the only woman he told me about" her face grew red and she spat, before rushing to me, she slapped me hard on my face. I threw the blood away from my face.

"You lying bitch!"

"Are you sure. It's me lying? Didn't you tie yourself to his bed naked? And when Maggie caught you she made you fun topic of the building" I made story as I talked, when her eyes widen I knew it was truth, I am going to sit Cole and ask him to tell me how many assaults the poor guy has endured?

As she ran to me, I tripped her, she fell down, her knife went to ripped my skin, embedded deep inside it, I yelped in pain, but stared at the woman instead, taking a deep breath I pulled out the knife, yelled as I did so, I started working at ropes, cutting the first one was difficult when each of limb was tied, as soon as the first hand came free, I was fast as real assassin.

I never knew I had this in me, really, I tied Mary Ann for good measure and then slowly walked out the room, where is this idiot? I heard voices, Cole! Tears filled my eyes, Cole came to my rescue, i could hear Andrew's whisper harsh voice as well, I covered my mouth, he has him! He is going to kill Cole, over my dead body, the only person who can take away Cole from me is me, when I want him to go away and now, is not the time.

I rushed towards the voices.

"Is this how you aa..avenge your sister?" I heard another shot, scream clogged my throat, I looked around and saw a gun, it is Cole's, I know it, I have seen him clean it a couple of times, Cole is defenseless which means..

Andrew fired, I picked up the gun and walked out, slowly without making any noise.

"This last one in your brain, you know what? I will kill your girlfriend slowly, while I tell her how I killed you" he laughed harshly, I took aim, closed one eye of mine.

"Like hell, you idiot" Andrew jumped and turned around to face me, I shot him.

He was dead before he hit the ground, I ran to Cole, his eyes were closed, I checked his pulse, slow. Too slow.

"Cole? Baby? Open your eyes it's me" he groaned but didn't move, I tore open his shirt, 2 bullets in front, one is abdomen and other one in his chest, I have to do something, I searched his pocket for a phone, when I found his. I called the last call.

"Cole?" Oh god, it's Mason! Thank god!

"Mason! Cole has been shot! Bring ambulance, I am going to have to open his chest to take the bullet out! Fast!" I turned around, it was west's place, they would have the alcohol, I can clean the knife, open his abdomen or chest..his bleeding is giving me more concern but since it's bleeding I know bullet isn't stuck in some major organ. I inserted my finger one in his chest, he shivered in pain and one in his abdomen, his breathing started coming in more regular rhythm.

"Cole?"

"Hm?" He made a sound, he kept shaking his head, trying to open his eyes, I heard the siren and everything was better, I kissed his cheeks.

"I am going to kick your ass when you get better, I love you"