Cock Blocked

Emma made sure to head straight back to New York once she'd seen her father and bid her unheard goodbyes to him. She couldn't afford to lose time with her classes. Even though staying with her family a while longer made her want to just drop her life and stay for a week or two, she needed to finish what had been started and continue building a career.

Killian was hard to convince of leaving after just three days of being with Buster, still the dedication for his studies were just as strong as hers and he didn't put up too long of a fight.

Emma actually wished she would of left sooner in order to avoid her mother's completely inappropriate question of, "Have you and Killian had sex yet?"
She had turned beet red, covering her face with her hands and internally thanking God that Killian wasn't near.

It got her thinking on the subject the whole flight home. Their relationship was just getting started and she knew David's death had put a stop into their growing dating situation. But now she was thinking about it and about him. Her mind began to wonder a little too far of what it would be like, of what he looked like, though she had a pretty good idea from the several outlines she'd witnessed him go through.

Then it hit her. The whole thing would probably be extremely awkward. They had been best friends for years, and doing something so intimate would probably be weird... Right?
Seeing each other naked, touching each other in that way, it actually made her nervous. Her stomach twisted in knots at the thought. Emma's never been the one to get anxious or insecure about sex, with him it was different.
With other guys she didn't care if she did something wrong or messed up.
But she wanted to do everything right with Killian, she wanted to make him feel good and as silly as it sounds... she wanted it to be perfect.

"You alright, love?" He asked in the car while on the way to their apartment.

"Huh?" Emma broke away from her thoughts and looked at him, "Oh, yeah, I'm fine."

"You haven't said much since we left. You're sure everything's okay?"

"Yes, just thinking about an excuse for my asshole professors." She crossed her arms.

Knowing she didn't want to talk about it, or at least wasn't ready to, he let it go and resumed a casual conversation.
"Just tell them the truth."

"Doubt they'll believe that." A frown formed on her lips.

Killian pulled up in front of the building and shut off the engine. He leaned forward, resting his forehead on hers, "Just explain what happened."

"Not sure I can do that yet." Emma whispered and cast her gaze downward leaning into his touch.

"Say what you can. If they don't believe you then.. screw them." He shrugged and gave her a soft smile, "Come on let's go."

They exited the car and went up the stairs to their apartment hand in hand, walking into the familiar atmosphere and taking in the cozy space they were used to.

"I call shower." Emma wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed his lips. Her fingers threading through his dark hair as she pressed her body against his. He did the same putting his hands on her hips holding her close.

"Wanna join me?" She whispered pulling away.

He let out a brief huff then swallowed eyeing the floor before returning his gaze to her, "Perhaps another time, love. I've got to unpack anyways."

She nodded stepping back, feeling slightly embarrassed by being turned down."Right. I'll be back then."

"Emma.." He sighed.

"It's fine." She shook her head grabbing the suitcase and taking it to her bedroom. That was probably the most humiliating thing ever, she'd never been turn down. Guys would instantly agree at the opportunity to get into her pants, so unless Killian was secretly gay, she didn't know why he'd say no. Maybe she's to used to getting what she wanted and this was the universe at work.

"Emma." He walked into her room and looked at her with one hand on his hip. Maybe he is gay...

"What?" She asked coldly.

"I-I want it to be roman..tic." He managed to get out in a stutter, scratching the back of his ear in uneasiness.

"What?" Emma repeated, sounding more confused than rude this time.

"When we.." He motioned between them, buying time to find the right words, "When we first do... that. I, I want it to be romantic. Not a sudden impulse. Don't take me for a wuss or anything, but I..." Killian took a breath to settle himself some more, "It's you. I want it to be perfect."

Emma took a step closer, her arms crossed over her chest as she looked at him, now understanding the reason, "Killian nothing is ever going to be perfect. We should just hope it doesn't suck, but perfect? Doesn't exist."

"Well..." He closed the space between them, going near enough to her body that their chests brushed, his confidence now back intact, "That's because you haven't been with me yet."

She stared at him, all of his thoughts of ravishing her body with patience being transferred though his piercing blue gaze.

"Perfect doesn't have to be red rose petals and candles." Her voice was soft, almost sounding weak and on the verge of cracking.

"No..." He whispered, tone low and husky with sensuality, "No I suppose not."

For a second she thought oh my god it's going to happen right now, because he was giving her this look full of plans for their first sexual encounter and a look full of I'm going to make you squirm with pleasure, but Ruby had chosen that precise moment to barge into her room.

"WELCOME BACK."

Emma and Killian both snapped out of the heated trance and separated themselves from the sexual tension that bounced between them. She looked at Ruby, with a look that promised to kill her.

"Oh..." Ruby bit her red coated lower lip, "Did I just interrupt something major?"

-
Only several more chapters of this book left! But fret not, I'm planning on a sequel.