Kicked Out

"Emma! Get up!"

She was awakened by a startling shout coming from Killian. Opening her eyes she realized she was in bed, not the couch. She doesn't remember falling asleep, but not walking to bed either. Did he carry her?

"We're going to be late, get the hell up." He said, and she could see from the corner of her eye that he was rushing back and forth, passing in front of her doorway.

She took a minute to actually wake up. Then she darted out of bed, speed-walking to the bathroom and brushing her teeth quickly. Hastily she went to her closet, tore off her skirt and shirt from the night before and changed into blue jeans and a white v-neck accompanied with her red leather jacket.

"Would you hurry up?" He looked at her wide eyes, now in her room.

"Would you let me get dressed?" She snapped tugging on her boots and zipping them up, "And next time knock."

"Just hurry up." He mumbled and walked out.

"I am!" She shouted after him, "Asshole."

"I heard that!"

She grabbed her old black JanSport book bag and headed out of her room.

"Here." He thrusted a thermos into her hand while grabbing his keys and walking out the door.

"What's this?"

"Coffee." He said and waited for her to walk out of the apartment so he could lock the door.

She took her time, taking a long slow sip of the drink and going a long appreciative moan, "It's soooo good."

"Emma." He warned, irritated.

"Yes?" She looked at him, calmingly walking out the door.

He put his hand on her lower back and pushed her the rest of the way, not in a harsh manner, more of a gentle ease. "Out."

Killian locked the door, "We can't be late. We'll be in trouble." He grabs her hand and guides her through the halls and down the stairs and to the car.

Once they were finally situated in the vehicle, he put the key in the ignition and the engine roared to life, "Off to class." He sighed.

The drive to NYU was ten minutes, but thanks to the New York traffic, they got there in twenty.

They practically ran into the school and to the Art class they both signed up for. The teacher, Ms. Superior looked at them with wide eyes at their sudden intrusion. All eyes on them.

The few top buttons of Killian's dress shirt were undone and Emma's hair was anything but neat. The students began smirking and whistling.

"Ms. Swan, Mr. Jones," Superior looked from one to the other, "You are thirty minutes late. May I ask the reason?" She raised an eyebrow.

Killian wasn't much with the speaking, so Emma did it for him, "Professor, we apologize. My phone is usually the one with the alarm but I lost it last night and we woke up late. Then traffic got in the way and we just - I'm sorry."

"Well," She chuckled, "that's quite a tale you're spinning. And since you don't bother being on time to my class, you don't get to attend it at all for the day."

"Professor Supe-" Killian tried.

"Please leave my class." She pointed to the exit sign.

Emma's neck and face turned red with anger, no one called her a liar, "I'm telling the truth!" She yelled.

The professor looked at her with the upmost shock, "Excuse me?"

She had more coming, rude words slipping past her lips but Killian pulled her out of the class before the really inappropriate ones left her mouth.

"God I hate her!" She groaned in the empty halls.

"Relax. It's over anyway. We should go get some breakfast, we have enough time to do so." He said adjusting the messenger bag that over his shoulder.

"I was looking forward to drawing today," Emma continued on with her rant, "It calms me."

He let out an exasperated sigh and tilted his head back, "You should draw right now."

She gave him a glare, "It's your fault you didn't wake me."

"You need to stop blaming me for your actions." He returned his gaze to her, "It's not my fault you lost your phone."

Another groan of frustration came from her, "I didn't do anything wrong." She kept going, "I just wanted a date. Someone who wanted me for more than one night. Am I so unlovable?"

"You're getting off topic, love." He stepped closer to her.

"I just want someone. A guy that loves me more than anything. Someone who gives me roses and doesn't mind my craziness and takes me on romantic picnics. But that's all cliche stuff from crappy movies that give me false hope. And then you go and blame me for thinking that the guy from last night might of been it." She was leaning against the wall now, head held down.

"Now you're on a totally different topic." He said and moved in wrapping his arms around her shoulders, pulling her into a warm embrace that she welcomed by leaning into him.

This was their routine.
Argue. Hug.

They stayed like that for a while, until she put her hands on his sides and pulled away, "Let's go get that breakfast."

"Are you going to be alright, Miss Unlovable?" He grinned sheepishly.

Her lips quirked up slightly, "Yeah. Come on." She started heading out of the building, "NYU Bookstore?"

"Yeah."

The NYU Bookstore was exactly what it sounded like. It was a pretty big shopping center that has everything from sweaters to mugs with the University's logo on it. And not so subtly in the back of the book store was a coffee shop. Which was their second favorite hang out place, the first was Bobst Library, which was a massive library exclusive for campus students. But from their current location the coffee shop was closer.

So they walked there and headed straight to the back of the shop, taking a seat and ordering their usual.
After that they headed to class and continued with their usual routine until they finally got to go home.

-
So I wanted to give them a specific University. And obviously the first one that popped into my mind was NYU. So I watched an virtual tour and soaked up as much info as I could for this book. And I found out that NYU is FUCKING AWESOME. I wanna go there now.