Carefree

Killian hadn't spoken with Milah since their date that Emma interrupted with a 'rescue-me-phone-call.' And with everything that had been going on he really didn't get around to calling her again, and he's not sure he wanted to either. She was still attractive, but a certain blonde was stuck in his mind.

Now, Milah was at his doorstep and he had no clue as to what to do.
She probably sensed this since she was the one who spoke up first.

"I heard about your car accident and I came by to see if you were fine." She had her hands buried into the pockets of her wool coat.

"Oh," He forced a smile, "I'm doing fine, would you like to come in?"

She nodded and stepped forward looking around the apartment.

Emma heard the footsteps and closed her eyes, hoping Milah would think she was asleep and that Killian would let her get away with it.

"Nice place." She commented.

"Thanks, lass. And by the way, I apologize for not calling for another date sooner, things have been complicated around here."

"Oh, don't worry about it, I'm a patient person." She smiled and finally saw Emma 'asleep' on the couch, "Hi, Emma."

She rose from the couch and gave a very fake smile and shook Milah's hand, "Hey."

Killian nudged in, "Uh Milah I appriciate you being here but we're both not feeling too well and it'd be nice if you came back another time."

"Oh. I understand." She nodded slowly and headed for the door then looked to him, "You'll call me right?"

He hesitated but nodded, "Yeah, yeah, of course."

Emma bit her lip and glanced down.

"Bye Killian." She leaned in and kissed his cheek before walking down the hall.

He closed the door with a sigh and turned seeing her looking at him with arms crossed below her chest.

"You're really going to call?"

"Yeah." He tested her.

"Oh, good, she's... nice."

He grinned, eyebrow raised as he glided closer to her, "Jealous?"

"Not jealous." She stared him down and took a step back.

"I'd think otherwise," His hands went to her hips and he brought her close, "I know you don't like her."

"Killian." She closed her eyes and sighed pressing her hands against his chest making a very bad attempt at pushing him away, "Back off."

He smiled and leaned in kissing her forehead, "I'm not going to call her."

Her lips quirked up slightly and she put her hands on his shoulders, "Good. She's a whore."

"How do you know that?" He huffed and pulled back to look at her.

"Because I happen to know she's fucked six guys in the past three months. Even I haven't done that."

His eyes widened, "I'm definitely not calling her back."

Emma smiled then backed away from him, "Can we continue watching Battlestar Galactica?"

"Of course." He sat down on the couch and started up the series again, then she audaciously cuddled up into his side in a very affectionate manner. Arms around his torso, one leg flung over his lap.

"Carefree today, are we?" He smiled down at her and circled an arm around her back.

"Shut up." She closed her eyes with a subtle grin and held him close.

After a couple of minutes of watching the Cylons turn against their creators, Emma fell asleep tangled up in his embrace, only to be awakened a few minutes later by an explosive sound coming from the television.

She groaned and buried her head further against his shoulder, "Turn it off."

"You're the one who wanted to watch it." He said and lowered the volume, "And now I'm quite interested."

"Hey..." She bit her bottom lip, "Can you do me a favor?"

"Sure. What?"

"Move your hand away from my ass."

He smiled and slid his hand up to her mid-back, "Sorry about that."

She stayed quiet for a few seconds, deciding wether or not to ask her pondering question...
"Do you want to have sex with me?"

"What?" His voice went up an octave and moved various inches away from her.

"I'm not asking if you want to," She tucked the little loose strands of hair behind her ears and leaned her elbow on the back-cushions of the couch, "I just want to see where your mind's at."

He processed his words before responding, "I won't deny that I haven't thought about it before, anyone who looks at you immediately thinks sex. But we're not even dating yet so-"

"Yet?"

"Well... yeah." He nodded and looked back into her gazing eyes, "I know we're good friends and you don't want to mess that up, but do you honestly think we'll just move past this without satisfying our curiosity of how it would play out if we did get together?"

"No, I guess not."

Silence filled the room as they both contemplated on their thoughts and imagery of how everything would be if they dated.

Killian broke the quietness, "Let me take you out."

"Like on a date?"

"Yeah." He nodded and smiled softly, "Give me one date to prove to you that it won't be as awkward or strange as you think it would be."

"Buy me flowers?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Sure." He grinned.

"Then okay. I'll go on one date with you. If I feel the littlest bit of tension-it's done."

"Deal." He held out his hand.

She reached out and shook it, sealing the arrangement.

-
Sorry about the short chapter and slow updates, I know you're used to me updating every other day. So I apologize for that.
I currently have a bad grade and I need to focus on bringing that up.
I hope you liked this chapter.