Late Again

Somewhere around 7:23 in the morning, Killian opened his eyes.
There was pulsing in his head, most likely from the drinking him and Emma did the night before.
After the kiss that he most likely will never forget, they went back home and because he was extremely exhausted, he remembered nothing from when he stepped inside the apartment.
But he got his answer when Emma groaned next to him.
He was on the couch, still fully dressed from head to toe in the clothes from the date. He was on his back, his left arm dripping over the side of the couch and his right arm trapped under Emma's cheek.
She was on her side, back facing him and the only thing she wasn't wearing were her heels, which were clumsily dropped on the floor.

She shifted and turned to lay on her other side, her face now against his shoulder and her fisted hand resting on his chest.

He reached over and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, "Emma."

Another groan.

"We have class."

At that she sprung up and was on her feet, "Craping fuck." She rushed to the bedroom and unzipped her dress, exchanging it for black and white Adidas track pants along with a dark sweater to match her bottoms.

Killian chuckled at her constant need to be on time as he stood from the couch and directed himself to the bathroom to freshen up.

He finished washing his teeth and she was right behind him, going to the sink and squeezing paste onto her brush.

"I'll go get our things, meet me at the car."

"Okay." She mumbled and he got their bags, swinging his over the shoulder and holding hers in his hand.

He left the keys so she could close the door and headed down to the car. The air was colder that day, more than usual, and from past experience he knew it would probably snow later on.

The car windows were fogged and when he got in he turned on the windshield wipers so his path was clear, but in a matter of moments the glass was once again opaque.

Emma ran down the stairs with her hair flopping around her shoulders, she got in in the car but not before scribbling 'yolo' on the outside of the fogged window.

Killian started the car and drove off, "Class started three minutes ago, we'll probably get kicked out again."

"Well I can't get kicked out." She gathered her hair into her hands and put it up in a messy bun, "I miss one more class, I miss information, and I fail. And that can't happen."

"Too right, love. I'll get you there as quick as possible." He said then the car jerked sharply to the left, he passed a few cars that were slowing him down then it was steady from then on.

She sighed, "I can't wait for Christmas break so I can get an actual break from everything."

"Are we going to Boston this year?" He asked turning into the building that held their classes.

"Yeah, I can't wait to see my parents, my brother. I miss them way too much." She smiled, remembering the last time she saw them.

"I do too." He parked the car and killed the engine. They both got out of the vehicle and went inside the building.

She stopped for a second when inside and looked at him, "Meet me at the book store for lunch?"