Cliché Kiss at Sunrise

Her sleep was interrupted by the same nightmare twice that night.
Darkness was the main ingredient in these dreams, nothing but miles and miles of it. She could walk for hours if she wished and would still be surrounded by nothing but black. After what seemed like ages of being isolated, crying, shouting and pleading for someone to come and take her out of the abyss, her father appeared before her. Looking just like when she last saw him, but his skin was more pale and his eyes no longer the tender blue color she adored, they were coal dark.
"Save me, Emma." He'd say in a broken voice.

And she would reach out her hand, but her fingers went right through him, and he began fading slowly.
She was in full on sobs at that point, trying to grasp his arm or shirt - anything to just hold onto him.
"Dad!" Emma screamed, tears streaming down her cheeks while she kept trying to grab on, but still nothing, and this went on until he was completely gone. That's when she awoke.

This happened twice.
The same agony twice.

The second time she awoke from this her eyes jolted open and as her senses came back she realized there were actual tears on her face, again. She wiped them off and looked to her side to see Killian fast asleep.
The first time he was there to comfort her, he held her close and whispered soothing comments in her ear until sleep claimed them both.
So she didn't bother to wake him up again, simply sliding out of bed and heading to her old bathroom to wash up. Since it was 5am getting an early start for the day wasn't a bad idea, also she really didn't feel like going back to bed in fear of the same thing happening once more.

When she went down to the kitchen it was no surprise that her mother was already there, making herself some toast and hot cocoa.

"Morning." Mary Margaret greeted with a faint smile.

"Hey." Emma rubbed her eyes and sat on the barstool before the kitchen island, "Why are you up so early?"

"I have to take your brother to school soon, and it takes a while to get him out of bed." She served herself the toast taking a sip from the warm mug.

"Do you have a few minutes to talk?" She asked and her mother nodded, heavy tension now hanging in the air.

"Where's dad's body?"

"Family crypt. I thought a funeral was something he wouldn't want..." Mary said softly before taking a bite of her breakfast.

They talked about him for a fair amount of minutes. Emma now knew exactly what happened, some drunk driver smashed into the driver's side of the car, right where he was and the injuries were fatal.
Later on after their conversation, Mary Margaret left with Aaron to take him to school and Emma looked at the clock again, realizing that it had only been a half hour, so she headed upstairs and walked in to see Killian walking out of the shower all ready in a t-shirt and cargo shorts.

"Hey you." She smiled closing the door behind her.

"Hey, how'd you sleep?" He asked running a hand through his still messy hair as he moved closer to her.

"Alright I guess." She shrugged and reached out putting a hand on his chest, "What about you?"

"It was relaxing, your bed's nice." He leaned in and kissed her forehead sweetly, allowing his lips to linger there for a few seconds.

"You wanna go for a walk?" Her nails traced over the exposed area of his v-neck, coarse hairs sliding through her fingers.

"Sure. I'll be downstairs." He smiled warmly before walking past her to the door and leaving the room.

Emma changed into some blue jeans a simple white t-shirt, putting on a black cardigan that reached her mid-thigh to fight off the cool air. She finished the look off with her leather boots then she jogged down to stairs to where Killian was.

They both headed outside and started on their journey across the field that her mother owned, walking in silence and only listening to the chirp of birds in the distance, feeling the soft breeze that swept past them occasionally, it was all calming until someone broke the stillness.

"Did you and Mary Margaret talk about David?"

"Yeah. He's in the family crypt. I would of gone to see him but I don't have a car, I'll wait for Mom to get home."

A few more minutes passed.

"Am I aloud to ask if you're okay now?"

She shrugged with a small smile, "I'm alright. Being here is really helping, it would of been worse if I went through it alone."

He stopped walking and took her hand, bringing it to his lips to place a kiss on the back of it, "As long as I'm around, you'll never have to go through anything alone. I'll always be there."

Her cheeks turned a faint tint of pink, "You're sweet..." The comment hung in the air, and they just looked at each other. Gazes locked in a stare as the corners of his mouth quirked up.

He took a step closer, hand shifting to her lower back pulling her closer. Her fingers drifted to the nape of his neck as he tilted his head down and kissed her softly.

She parted her lips and closed them over his bottom one, drawing him closer to her body.

The moment itself was perfect, straight out of a romance movie. The sun was rising, there was a clearing of tall grass and they were completely sinking into each other. It was one of those moments where you don't notice the beauty around you until later because you're so focused on the main thing.
And for them it was each other.

After what seemed like blissful years he pulled back and smiled at her, "I've missed that."

She tittered weakly and bumped her nose against his purposely, "Me too."

-
Aye! A chapter!
Soooooo, it's safe to say that I've finished my novel. And now I'm free to write FF again... sort of. I really have to her on board with the 'doing algebra homework' thing.
BUT HEY I HAVE A BOOK! I'm really happy about that... my mom wasn't and that crushed my heart lol cause she only cares abt my math grade, but screw her I HAVE A BOOK.
Love ya'll 💗.