Ostria

Killian arose from his slumber the following day, mind still clouded with sleep, and even that couldn't keep the smile off his face.
It was Sunday, meaning he had his date with Emma. He was both equally excited and nervous at what might happen at the end of the night when she decided what will become of them two.
He spent pretty much the whole morning debating a million different thoughts. How to act, thinking over good conversation topics so it wouldn't get boring (or awkward), what to do if they kissed, if he should go for the hot and heavy way or slow and caring. Most likely, it was him overreacting, but he didn't want to mess this up.

He had been in bed for so long and he needed to see her, see if she was feeling the same way about their date or if she was tranquil.

"Emma!"

He waited for a response, but nothing was heard.

He reached for his cell on the brown, creaky, wooden nightstand that his brother gladly donated when he moved, and flipped open the phone, going to his contacts and calling her.

There were a few steady beeps before she picked up, "McDonald's, how may I help you?"

He rolled his eyes, "Where are you?"

"Somewhere doing something, I'll be home in a few."

"Any chance you could be less vague?" He sat up, feeling a faint strike of pain across his stomach, he barely felt it but it was there.

"Nope. Sorry. I'll be there soon and be careful. Bye."

"Emm-" He was cut off by the line going dead.

He shut and put his phone aside then got up and went to the kitchen, only reaching the stove when the front door opened.

"You can calm down now, your knight in shining armor is here." She said sarcastically and kicked the door closed.

He stared at her wide eyed, "Wha-what did you do?"

"Like it?" She grinned and ran her fingers through her blonde hair that now only reached above her collarbones. Cropped messily on purpose and wavy from the fresh chop.

"You," He walked to her and cupped the sides of her head, his thumb stroking over the pale strands, "You cut your beautiful golden mane?"

"Hair grows back. And I love it." She said and put her hands on his hips moving him aside and going to the kitchen

"But I loved it long." He said sadly and followed her.

"Well, Killian, it is my hair." She reached into a cabinet and pulled out a box of Kellogg's Krave Double Chocolate cereal, "If you don't like, your problem."

"I didn't say I didn't like it, it's just... I've never seen you with short hair." He sighed and grabbed their black ceramic bowls.

"You'll get used to it." She smiled and prepared the cereal.

"So, why'd you cut it?" He asked after some time.

"I've been wanting to for a while and I never had the guts. Today I woke up and just," She shrugged, "went and got it done."

"Hm." He smiled and walked up behind her, leaning his hands on the counter and molding his body to hers, his lips brushing over the back of her head, "I find it sexy." He whispered into her hair.