Awkwardness in the Shower

Emma locked her bedroom door and glanced to the clock that stated it was 5:39 AM. Their classes started at 7:30 and if she wanted to get there in time she had to get up earlier than usual. She had to make breakfast, help Killian shower (because it had to be in the morning), get herself ready, and get him into the rental car that the automobile shop had provided until theirs was back up and running. He could of used the surgery as an excuse to miss school, but he didn't want to. His exact words when she mentioned the idea were, "Why would I stay in bed all day drooling when I could be doing something worth my time?"
And even though he was absolutely correct, it wouldn't hurt to take one or two days off.

She took off her pajamas, the warmth of her body leaving with them and she stood now in the frigid air of her room.
Winter was right around the corner, and in New York that meant snow, ice, and more snow.
Apart from the freezing temperatures, winter was her favorite season.
It meant winter break, hot cocoa, watching tv in thick knitted sweaters and socks, and best of all - Christmas.

She opened her drawer and put on her blue swim shorts that ended at the apex of her thigh along with the top piece of her white bathing suit.
It had been two days since Killian's accident, and she'd only helped him shower once. It was a complete disaster, he had sat down inside the tub and she was kneeling outside of it, trying her best not to get wet and only succeeding in getting soaked.
Today though, she'd actually be willing to get wet and hopefully it'll make the whole process a lot easier.

She grabbed the white cotton robe and enveloped herself in it before opening her door and crossing the hall into his room, nudging the light switch with her elbow as she came in through the door and the whole room lit up, "Rise and shine, sleeping beauty."

A muffled groan was heard from the other corner of the room then she watched him pull the covers up over his head.

She walked up to him and yanked off the comforter, seeing him in a white shirt and plain boxers, boxers that were doing a horrible job at hiding his current morning state.

Forcing her eyes away, she leaned down and hooked her arm under his left shoulder helping him to sit up.

He winced but managed to let his legs hang off the edge of the bed, his feet making contact with the ruffled carpet beneath, "Morning, sweetheart." His tone was mocking.

"Yeah, morning." She smiled slightly, "I'll hold you up but you gotta get on your feet."

He nodded and did his best to stand, with his arm around her shoulder and hers around his lower back for support.

When he was on his feet, standing inches above her a smile formed on his lips and he looked down at her, his eyes delivering the message of hello.

She turned her gaze elsewhere and started walking to the shower that was luckily close, she didn't like looking into his eyes. Every time it happened she felt as if she was being pressured to tell him all of her thoughts.

She swung the door open with her foot and stepped inside, shutting it again then leaving him to lean against the wall. He could manage his own, he just wanted that extra support she gave.

Emma turned on the warm water and went back over to him, grasping the edges of his shirt and easing it off of him carefully.

He wasn't exactly toned, the outline of his abs were faint but they were present. She knew all too well how much muscle there actually was there, you could feel the firmness if you touched his stomach, the guy was strong as hell.
Normally, he had the thin line of hair that stretched from underneath his naval to his breastbone, there it fanned out over his pecs, but due to the surgery, the lower part of that happy trail was shaved off.

"I can just shower myself if you'd prefer, so you don't get water on yourself." He followed her gaze.

"I'm getting in with you." She told him and his eyes went wide, "What like? Naked?"

"No." She laughed, "In a bathing suit. Chill."

He seemed to relax a bit and she shrugged off the robe, hanging it on one of the hooks that were behind the door.

His eyes glued on her for a moment, taking in the way her golden hair cascaded down in soft curls over her back. Noticing her every curve and every inch. The swell of her ass, the bounce of her bosom. He'd never looked at her with such desire, and now that he was, he didn't know what it meant or what to do about it.

"Come on." She reached her hand out to help him.

He took it with hesitation and slowly stepped inside with her, feeling a little awkward with the whole situation of being nearly bare in front of each other, only his boxers and her swim clothes in the way.

"We can't dawdle." She closed the curtain and grabbed the shower sponge, soaking it up with water and liquid soap.

All he did was watch, eyes fixated on her every move as she began scrubbing his right arm, teeth sunk into her lower lip in concentration.

She slid the cloth over his side and never took her gaze away from her hand, trying her best not to look elsewhere. There was a certain tension in the room, and she knew he could feel it too. It was there, eating away at her.
She moved the sponge to his other arm and repeated the action before moving to his chest, and that's where she lost it. Her wrist movements were slow and all she did was dart her eyes back and forth against his skin, wanting to touch and kiss every part of it.

"Emma?"

Her head popped up to look at him, "Hm?"

"You sort of dozed off there, love." His smile was small.

"Sorry. Just thinking." She continued and did his back then kneeled down to do his legs. And that was the most awkward of all, since she was right at eye level with his member, and she found it really hard to pay her attention to something else.

At last, she stood back up and cleaned off his stitches and the skin around it with her own fingers so it wouldn't hurt as much and the fabric of the sponge wouldn't get caught.

And he appreciated that.

After she was done he asked if she could do his hair real quick.

Emma poured a little bit of shampoo onto her palm and rubbed her hands together before running her digits through his damp hair, curling them around the locks and scratching her nails softly against his scalp to make sure it got well cleaned.

Once again, he watched her with an intensity that made her knees feel weak, and it was almost impossible to not look back. When she did her fingers slowed down to just plainly caressing his head and she got lost in his blue orbs. She started leaning in slowly, noses inching closer together, eyelids becoming heavy, their breath mixing. She licked the water off her lips and moved her hands to cup the back of his head. He didn't seem to be objecting, he was following her lead.

She realized what was happening so she pulled back and moved him under the spray of water, rinsing the shampoo away from his hair then turning off the water quickly.

With her aid, he stepped out of the bathing area and shivered at the cold that suddenly surrounded him.

Emma grabbed a towel and wrapped it around his shoulders, the action bringing them closer again.

He knew the motive as to why she pulled back, she was scared.
Scared that it will mess everything up. But will it really? Their friendship wouldn't get ruined by a silly breakup. Plus, who's to say they'd even break up if the got together?

He put his hands on her waist and pulled her to him while leaning in with intentions of kissing her lips, but she stopped him with hands to the chest, "No." Her voice was soft.

"Why?"

"I'm not going down that same road again with you. Can you manage to get dressed on your own? It's my turn to shower." She looked somewhere else.

"Yeah. Go ahead."

She took him back to his room and put his planned attire on the bed so it'd be easier for him to get. Then without a word she went back into the bathroom and started off the day with a fresh cleanse.

-
fifteen thousand words, that's a lot. and i'm tired so goodnight 💕.