Face Your Problems

Honestly, she wanted to cry.
But she wouldn't. Because she wasn't some love sick fool that cried with every problem, she was Emma.
Instead, she ran away.
That's what she did.

But there was no where to go except to the paleontology section that was always empty - the spot where collage couples came to make out and literally have sex. No one was ever there.

She could hear him calling after her, but she just ignored it and kept walking until reaching the vacant isle.

Leaning against one of the bookshelves, she took a second to calm down and breathe. She loved Ruby, but was it necessary to bring that up? The awkwardness was fine with her if they didn't have to put up with having the conversation about 'her feelings.'
A conversation she would never have, no matter how much he asked. She'd be risking the thing that mattered the most in her life. Him.

He was her anchor, kept her grounded down on reality. Always told her off on things she needed to be told off on. Like the responsibility thing, and that one time he told her to "get over it" when she was having doubts about herself. Which was rare for her, but he was still there. And could she really risk that?

"Is that all you know how to do? Run?"

Knowing he was there, she began walking away but was stopped when his fingers circled her arm and turned her to face him.

"Let me go." She said sharply and stared him down.

"No."

"Would you just let go?" Her voice grew louder.

"Stop running and I will." He gave her a sassy, sarcastic smile.

"Running is what I do."

"I know. And you need to stop. You need to be a grown up and deal with your problems, they're only gonna come back to bite you in the ass, love." He put emphasis on the final word, and she knew this was one of the telling off moments.

"Can't you just leave me alone? Forget the stupid kiss? I was drunk. Did you really fall for the whole 'I love you' speech? I had more than 20 beers in me." She lied, her face straight and her eyes on his.

He released her arm, a knowing smile on his face as he crossed his arms, "So you didn't mean it?"

"No, I'd never like you. Not that way."

"Then why make such a big deal of it?" His eyebrow raised and a smirk plastered on his face.

"Because I knew you'd get cocky!" Good one Emma.

"Or maybe, you just don't want to talk about it." He stepped closer, eyeing her face for a response.

"I don't like you." Her voice was harsh.

"That kiss and the obvious wetness between your legs, which by the way scarred me for life, showed quite the opposite."

She stared at him, debating her next come back. And she got nothing.

"Have I left the Emma Swan speechless?" He faked a gasp.

"You're such an ass." Her voice dripping with hate.

He smiled, "You want me to ignore it? Forget we ever kissed?"

She nodded and crossed her arms.

"If the lady insists." He grinned, "Now, can we go back to being our normal selves?"

"I'd like that." She muttered and walked past him back to their usual spot. Ruby sitting there with a sorry look, "Did I just totally fuck you both up?"

"No. Actually, you fixed us." Emma smiled slightly and sat back in her usual spot.

"Then... you're welcome?"

Killian snickered, "Thanks." And got back to his studies.

The spent the afternoon simply between reading and writing as well as taking short breaks to chat with each other. When it was 5:30, they all decided to leave and go back to Killian's apartment and spend the rest of the day talking and having fun.

All packed up, Ruby swung her bag over her shoulder, "Alright, let's go."

"Here." He tossed Ruby the keys, "I'll catch up with you in a minute."

She gave him a weird look but nodded and began making her way down to the first floor.

Emma finished packing and looked at him, noticing he had been gazing her way for a while, "What?"

"Just waiting for you." He shrugged.

"Well, I'm done. Come on." She started walking to the end of the hall but he grabbed her waist, spun her around, and pressed his lips to hers in a sudden kiss. Her eyes closed and she froze on the spot, returning the kiss as if it were instinct.

After a few small seconds of soft movements from his mouth and stokes of his thumb against her waist, he pulled away.

"Maybe we can talk about that one." He told her, "I'll meet you down at the car. Take a moment to collect yourself." Then he walked down Ruby's previous way.

When he got to his car, he climbed into the drivers seat and started the engine.

"Where's Emma?" She asked from the back seat.

"Facing her problems." He grinned.

"Um okay..." She said with confusion and got back to using her phone.

Meanwhile, Emma was in the same spot. Fingers brushing over her bottom lip, his taste lingering on the flesh, "I'm going to kill him."

-
Two updates through the weekend, be glad 💖.