Chapter Eight

The pictures above are if you are unfamiliar with one of the settings of this chapter.

+ Rachel +

I am in the middle of getting ready when I find out that Morgan has found out the news. I can hear her scream from her room, followed by the rushing of footsteps, which ends with my door swinging open.

"So when were you going to tell me you have a date with Sky?" She asks placing her hands on her hips.

"Never?" I say as a question. "I didn't want you to make it a big deal," I shrug. "It's just one date," I point out.

"Which could lead to a second date, then a third date, then a fourth date, then before you know it your in a relationship," she says.

"I don't think it will," I laugh.

"You never know."

I just laugh and roll my eyes, then start to finish getting ready. I don't exactly know what we are doing but Sky said to dress casual. I'm wearing dark blue jeans, with a white blouse, and a taupe, light-weight jacket with the sleeves rolled up. I fold the bottom of my jeans up and wear some dark red ankle boots, to add some color to the outfit. Not going to lie, I saw this on Pinterest.

I wear my hair with my natural curls, since I was too lazy to spend two hours straightening it. Yet alone three hours to straighten, then curl it. I wear a thin headband that is the same color as my boots and push my hair back ever so slightly. I take a look in the mirror and nod in approval. I think I look pretty good.

I slip my watch onto my wrist and admire it for a minute or two. It's new, a gift for getting a role in Newsies. Not that I didn't expect it, I mean with my dad being the CEO of Rolex I get new watches all the time. Though this one hasn't come out yet. I love watches, I have no idea how people can't wear them. I have worn watches everyday since fourth grade. Again my dad had some influence on that.

I put all of my stuff into a small purse and head out the door. I walk down to the lobby and see Sky sitting on one of the couches, tapping his fingers on the arm of the couch. Hope he hasn't been waiting to long. I start to walk over to him and he smiles when he sees me. Naturally, I smile back.

"Hi," he continues to smile while standing, once I get to him. "You ready?"

"Yep, I hope you haven't been waiting long."

"Don't worry, I've only been here a few minutes," he says while putting his hands in his pockets.

He's acting a little different than usual. Usually he is all loud and outgoing, not caring about what other people think and not being afraid to be himself. Though right now it is like he's holding back. He's being quieter than usual, sort of shy. He almost seems vulnerable.

Amazing how I can read people in a matter of seconds, isn't it?

"So, now can you tell me what we are doing?" I raise an eyebrow as we start to walk outside.

"Nope," he grins. "It's a surprise."

I follow him over to the street corner where he goes to hail a cab. Which doesn't take long considering pretty much every other car is a cab. When we get in he hands the driver a slip of paper which must have the address on it.

"You won't even let me know where we're going," I laugh.

"Like I said it's a surprise," he says while leaning back.

"Can I have a hint?"

"Hmmmm, let me think," he pauses and I get excited. "Nope," he grins and I frown.