Chapter 21: The Ceremony

(Emma's POV)

(This will be about six months after the last chapter)

The blaring scream of my alarm woke me up, before sunrise. However, I didn't need the sunlight to get me out of bed, my excitement had me wide awake. Today, is the day! I thought to myself. A bright smile adorned my face.  I quickly hopped out of bed. I was staying at Regina's today. That way, Killian and I wouldn't see each other before the ceremony. I quickly brushed my hair, put on my robe, and walked downstairs.

There, Regina, and my mother were waiting. Regina was my maid of honor, and Snow was (obviously) Mother-of-the-Bride. They quickly enveloped me in a hug.

"Today is your big day!" Regina exclaimed, her wedding was a few months ago, and she was more than willing to be my maid of honor.

"I'm so proud of you!" Mom said sweetly, with tears in her eyes.

"Mom don't cry!" I pleaded. "The wedding hasn't even started yet, you can cry at the ceremony." I teased.

"Well... We have no time to lose!" Regina reminded us of our deadline.

Even though, the ceremony wasn't until that night and we had hours before the wedding. I needed all the time I could get, to make the night perfect. We ate breakfast, and I went to go shower. While I showered, Regina and my mom got everything they needed ready downstairs. I exited my shower, once again covered in my fluffy white robe. I walked downstairs, my blonde hair soaking my shoulders through the robe. When I got downstairs, there was makeup, hair, and skin products everywhere. Albeit, the setup being organized, I felt swamped by beauty products.

Immediately, they set to work. First, they blow dried my hair. Before, curling my hair into ringlets. Then, Snow pinned my curls into a beautiful updo. While, Regina started on my makeup. It was natural-looking, but Regina enhanced my cheekbones with contour, made my green eyes pop with eyeliner and eyeshadow, and applied light pink lipstick. Whereas, my hair was far more extravagant. My blonde updo was intricate to say the least, curls and braids woven into a beautiful golden style. They added a feather clip to my blonde locks, because the wedding- and my appearance in particular- had little, swan elements incorporated into the theme. I was stunned when I looked in the mirror, I somehow looked like myself, and completely unrecognizable at the same time.

Now for the hard part.

I thought to myself, as I looked at my dress. Though, it wasn't really a dress, it was a giant fluffy skirt covered in fabric pleats formed to make flower-like swirls, and a corset with a crystal in the middle of the bust. The corset also had a sheer off-the-shoulder sleeves, that softened the look and tied it into the skirt. I put on a slip to go under everything, then the petticoats that have the skirt volume. Then Regina and my mom helped me into the skirt. Uggh. I internally groaned at the thought of a corset. But I knew it was too beautiful to resist. And I know Killian will love it. I slipped my arms into the sheer sleeves, and then Mom laced up the corset in the back. I couldn't believe what I saw in the mirror.

I wasn't Emma Swan: orphan.
I wasn't Emma Swan: lost girl.
I wasn't Emma Swan: Savior.
I wasn't Emma Swan: outcast
I wasn't Emma Swan: Dark one.
I wasn't Emma Swan: Sorcerer.

I was Emma Swan: Loved one.

And I was soon to become: Emma Jones.

I was ready to be married. And I couldn't wait to become Mrs. Jones.

***

Now for the finishing touch.

I thought to myself, as my dad attached the chapel length veil to my blonde curls. The tulle was lined with embellishments and it brushed the floor when I walked.