Chapter 17: A Way Back Home

(Emma's POV)

After leaving the vault, there was one thing weighing above all else- how do we get home? I look at Killian beside me, who had changed so much since we had last been here. I thought back to him placing my hand on his shoulder and putting on the cuff. Climbing the bean stock. Falling in love. Then it hit me.

The beanstalk, that's our ticket home.

"Killian I know how to get back!" I exclaimed.

He kissed my head wrapping his arms around my waist. "Lead the way, Swan." He said, and with a flick of my wrist my magic surrounded us in light colored smoke, and when it cleared we were on the ground next to the towering plant. "Ah, I remember this, Love. Back when you were still scared of love." He said holding me closer to him, I buried my head in his chest, nodding nostalgically.

"I'm not anymore." I assured him with a small kiss. He looked at me with so much love that I had to look away.

That's when I saw it, hiding right behind the beanstalk, just barely growing. A tiny, barely existing beanstalk, just beginning to grow. "Oh my gosh! Killian! That's our ticket home!" I said, and I ran out of his embrace and over to the small plant.

Then I knew what I had to do, I held out my hands and looked deep inside myself, thinking of seeing my family again, and returning home, I felt the magic course through me like adrenaline pumping through my veins, and I released it. And when I opened my eyes the beanstalk was taller than me, and had several beans sprouting off the side.

I quickly picked all of them, but one, and put them in a small velvet bag. Then, I walked over to Killian, who was smiling brightly at me. I waved my hand and magic once again surrounded us, this time transporting us to my parent's castle. I walked in, now knowing my way around, and quickly headed to my parent's room, to bring home some souvenirs. I grabbed a few of their outfits, and after some tireless looking I found one for myself, which I put on instead of the black feathered robes that reminded me of being the dark one. Now I'm the sorcerer, as if my life couldn't get any weirder.

It took me a while to put on but once I did I knew it was the right choice. I had to have Killian lace up the corset- a feature I wasn't thrilled about- but the dress itself was beautiful it was light purple, and made of tulle that was gathered into puffy sleeves that hung off my shoulders. One of the sleeves had a large red bow at the bottom. The corset was slightly sparkly, and the bottom was giant, and fluffy. I never thought I'd like this, but surprisingly it has it's perks.

One of those perks was the reaction it got from Killian when I turned around. I was standing at arms length, allowing him to check me out in the dress. He pulled me flush against him and he whispered into my ear "Swan, you look..."

I stepped back to arms length and twirled- teasing him - knowing how much he liked having me close. "I know." I said with a smile. Quoting his line from our first date all that time ago. He grabbed my waist and pulled back to him, with such strength that the mass of tulle between us didn't stand a chance. His hands were strong against my back, and I knew I didn't stand a chance either. As soon as I saw his ocean blue eyes glimmering with lust, I couldn't think straight. I moved my hands up his abdomen until they rested on his chest. Looking down at them, and then his lips, I leaned forward the slightest and right before we touched he pulled back, now teasing me.

I closed my eyes laughing slightly, and before I knew what was happening his lips were on mine, taking me by surprise. I kissed back as soon as I realized what was happening, fiercely pressing my lips to his. He pulled me even closer my hips pressing against his, as we were so close he was slightly leaning over me, and I was bending back letting him control the kiss. I clutched onto the lapels of his leather pirate jacket, and then moved one of my hands so my elbow was strung around his neck. We were inseparable, I was shorter than him but he fixed that by lifting my heels off the ground so I was standing on my tip toes. I could feel the love, and passion passing through the kiss. I don't know how long we stayed there, it honestly could have been an hour. But when we separated our hair was ruffled and we were short of breath.

"I'm so glad to have you- the happy you- back, my Love." He said with a smile. "I cannot even say how much I love you, Swan."

"You might not be able to say it..." I said with a small laugh. "But you sure do show it." I said, running my hands through my ruffled hair. Killian quickly walked to the vanity in the room, and grabbed a brush, and walked back over to me. He turned me around with his hook, and then used his hand and the brush to gently remove the tangles. Then he turned me back around gently positioning my hair around my shoulders.

Our eyes met, both shining with love. No words were needed between us.

Everything was perfect.
***

Thanks for reading! Who else is loving OUAT season 5?