Chapter 8: We Have News

(Emma's POV)

I woke up to a throbbing headache. It was as if there was someone inside my skull trying to pound their way out. I moaned in pain, curling myself up into a ball. Next thing I knew, Killian had his arms underneath my knees, and was picking me up bridal-style. I wrapped my arms around his neck burying my head in his chest. He carried me over to a plush chair on the other side of the library. "There you go Love." He said handing me Tylenol, and water. I eagerly took them. He set his hand on the side of my head, gently stroking my hair with his thumb.

"You guys are so adorable." Belle said, alerting me of her presence. "I'll give you two some time. Call me if you need any help" She said before leaving the keys with us, and exiting the library.

"Killian I am so sorry. You know I love you, and I don't mean any of what I said." I assured him, as I stood up. I wrapped my arms around his neck, holding him flush against me. I needed him right now; with all the darkness in my life it seemed as if he was the only light.

"Oh, Em I know, Come here." He whispered, wrapping his arms around my waist. I pulled back, and pressed my lips to his. The kiss lasted a few minutes before we broke it off, our foreheads resting on each other's. "There's something I have to tell you." He confessed.

"What is it?" I asked him, we were both a little breathless.

"We need to go to the vault of the Dark One, to look for clues of the Sorcerer's whereabouts. But, the vault is in the Enchanted Forest." He confessed; I could only look up at him in shock. However, once the initial awe subsided I gave an understanding nod.

***

I walked down the hall that led to my parent's apartment, I was nervous to tell them what we had to do. I knew they would understand, but something in me was still panicking at the thought of having to tell them our plan. I stopped Killian in front of the apartment. I was seeking comfort in him; I wrapped my arms around his abdomen. My stomach twisted with worry, which suddenly changed to the bubbling feeling of anger in my chest. "Killian help me." I whispered, I could tell I was about to lash out again. I could feel my knees going weak. He quickly wrapped his arms around me. I felt his strong arms support my weight, because I was quickly losing my grip.

"Emma, stay with me." I loved when he used my real name, as adorable his nicknames were, I still didn't understand how my simple name could sound so beautiful coming from someone else. Someone I love. I focused in on his voice, as it was the only thing keeping me sane right now. "Em, your parents will understand." His heavily accented voice soothed my anger. I could see the darkness that had crept its way into the edge of my vision recede, and I started to support my self. He made me realize that my parent's truly were understanding people. Speaking of my parents. They opened the door with worried looks.

"Understand what?" My mom asked, coming over to check if I was okay.

"We have news." I confessed. "We have to leave you guys. I am so sorry, I don't want to leave you. But, I have to. I have to get this darkness out of me, before..." I trailed off, knowing my parents understood the severity of my condition, and didn't want to be reminded of that. They looked at me with sadness, and understanding. But, I could also, see confusion etched into their worried looks. So I explained. "We must travel to the vault of the Dark One to look for clues of Merlin's whereabouts, because that's where the darkness was first tethered to a person."

***

(Killian's POV)

When we left her parent's apartment, I was still worried. Worried about my Emma, worried about going back to the Enchanted Forest, Worried about everything. But, I stayed strong, because I knew that Emma needed me to hold her together right now. And, as I parked the strange land vessel- which they called a "bug"- that Emma taught me to captain in front of our home. I exited the vehicle quickly, and opened Emma's door for her. I took a hold of her hand, and walked into our house. The décor in the house was nautical to match the beautiful view of the sea from almost every room in the house. The same view I showed her when she was mad at her parents.

"How are we going to get there?" She asked me, sitting down on the couch, and pulling me down with her. I pulled her close to me, holding her in my arms, and breathing in her scent.

"Belle and I couldn't think of a way that would allow us to bring Merlin with us. But, I know Regina will have some answers." I told her, stroking her hair in an attempt to relax her. Soon, enough she was asleep in my arms, and I carried her to our bed, tucking her in, and then crawling myself. Bloody hell, when did I get lucky enough to have a woman like her? I asked myself as I fell asleep.

***

I so sorry this is ANOTHER SHORT CHAPTER!!!! I could not think of what to write, and this turned out really boring. But, stick with me, because it's going to get A LOT better from here. Anyways, I'm just happy to have this chapter done, and out of the way, so I can write some more exciting stuff!