Chapter 12: The Castle and The Vault

(Emma's POV)

After long, tiring days of traveling through the mountains we finally arrived at Rumple's Castle. The castle stood nestled in front of a mountain and surround by trees, more mountains flanking it's sides, protected it from the cold winds that swept over the snow covered expanses. The castle itself was magnificent; truly befitting someone as powerful as the Dark One. The castle had large pillars topped with red flags. It had I pushed open the large wooden front doors, the castle stood untouched, covered in cobwebs and dust, but still looked remarkably beautiful.

I remembered the last time I was here, we were traveling back in time, asking Rumple for help, and instead got locked in his doorless vault. When I accepted that StoryBrooke, and my family were my true home. Killian took my hand and placed it over his heart -a motion both of us were becoming familiar with- my hand fit perfectly against his chest, as if that's where it belonged. He pulled me into his embrace wrapping his arms around me, and he whispered in my ear. "We made it, Love." I simply nodded, and leaned further into him, through our road trip we had grown even closer, and we were practically inseparable.

We walked hand in hand through the large corridors, our boots clicking against the red carpet that lined the center of the halls. We were following Belle's instructions, she had said: Use Rumple's castle, you can rest and restock there. She handed Killian a satchel which he now wore around his broad shoulders, in the satchel was the key to the vault inside a book, and directions on a map that lead to the vault. Then go to the vault and then have Emma open the vault, it won't work if you do it Killian; but once she has it open you can follow her if you take her hand, it's very important you go in together, it won't work if Killian does it.

Using her instructions we found a room to sleep in, it was giant with tall ceilings, marble floors topped with decorative carpets, gold curtains, and large windows, a large bed stood against the wall with four large posts draped with gold fabric. I changed into a grey nightgown and climbed under the covers and placed my head on my favorite pillow, his chest. He gently stroked my hair as I fell asleep.

***

We stepped into the snowy clearing the one that contained the vault. A snow drift was further coating the ground in white fluffy powder. We walked to the center, and started moving the snow around to uncover a circular entrance that looked like a fancy manhole cover. Emma stuck the key into it and grabbed my hand as the vault began to open.

***

Thanks for reading! Sorry it's short, and took so long I'm a little blocked, but I'm working on it!