Chapter 13: Inside the Vault

(Emma's POV)

The cover on the vault suddenly sank a few inches the space filling with a murky, black liquid. We stepped onto the plate hand, in hand. The liquid crawled up our shoes, and then my gown, until our whole bodies were surrounded by the substance, it looked like when Elsa and Ingrid were trapped in those vases. The ground kept getting lower, and lower for what seemed like forever, the murk was still around us. It felt like I was suffocating, finally when felt as if my lungs were on fire, and I was gasping for air the liquid seceded.

The room had broken down brick walls in a faded grey color. And at the center of it stood a cauldron. The pot was a copper color with gold embroidery and it stood on a pile of logs. Following instinct I used my magic, and lit the wood.

Wind howled around the room, spinning like a tornado. The gales were so strong Killian and I had to hold onto each other so we weren't knocked down. I was so close to him, my head was reeling -wether it was from the wind, or being so close to him, I couldn't tell- I held onto him tighter. Then, suddenly all of the wind funneled into the cauldron, leaving the room with a feeling of emptiness. I was suddenly overcome with exhaustion. I'm about to black out. I realized in dismay. "No. Not now." I whispered, tears looming at the back of my eyes. "We're so close."

Then, a giant column of smoke arose; but, it wasn't normal smoke. This was a beautiful array of blues, pinks, and purples, with a sparks of magic floating in it. "Emma Swan" a deep voice rumbled out of the smoke. "I know you've been looking for me; I can help you. I'm The Sorcerer, Merlin of Camelot. And you're in luck because I can help you." A part of the fog jutted out off the column and into my chest, suddenly I inhaled sharply taking in a deep gulp of air, the grey at the edge of my eyes receded; though I could still feel the blackness in my heart.

"What was that?" Killian asked, slightly protectively. He came over to me, and pushed hair out of my eyes, cupping my face in his hands. He checked if I was okay, looking me up, and down before he nodded satisfied that I was unharmed.

"Don't worry, I did not harm her. In fact I helped her; stopped her from having a black out... If you seek me to end the darkness, you must journey to Camelot. Once you arrive in Camelot you will find a cabin in the woods, though I can't tell you how to get there. It is your journey to make." And with that the smoke disappeared. The room got eerily quiet again, and I teleported us out of the vault.

***

Sorry these have been so short, but I'm recovering from being blocked. How do you like where the story is going? How about protective Killy Bear? Do you think they will make it to Camelot in time? Oh my gosh 4.2k views!!! Thank you guys!!!